Feature request: Hierarchical gallery Menu for upload

The Photo BoothThe Photo Booth Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited January 14, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
With the "new" SmugMug, when I want to upload a photo via web browser, I have two choices in the upload menu... "New Gallery" and "Existing Gallery". If I choose Existing Gallery, I am then presented with a page of ALL of my folders (that contain galleries) and any galleries that aren't in a folder. If the destination gallery is in a folder, then I have to open the folder and then select the gallery. THEN I can finally start an upload.

With "old" SmugMug, there was a hierarchical menu that allowed me to QUICKLY choose the gallery I wished to upload a photo to. It didn't require me to load a bunch of additional thumbnails (folders and galleries) that I wasn't interested in accessing. It worked beautifully.

Why was this feature taken away?

Can we PLEASE have the hierarchical gallery menu feature back for uploads? Pretty please??

Edit: My apologies, I should have put this in the Feature Request forum. Could a moderator please move it there. Thank you!

Mark

Comments

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2015
    I actually like the NewSmug method.
    If you have hundreds of galleries, like me, it is much more efficient to get to a gallery via the folder hierarchy than looking through a list of all my galleries.
    YMMV though and that's the problem that Smugmug has - how to satisfy the needs of such a varied client based
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • mrdrewmrdrew Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2016
    +1 I haven't had that problem with ALL galleries for a little while now, but it sure was frustrating when it happened.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  • The Photo BoothThe Photo Booth Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2016
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    I actually like the NewSmug method.
    If you have hundreds of galleries, like me, it is much more efficient to get to a gallery via the folder hierarchy than looking through a list of all my galleries.
    YMMV though and that's the problem that Smugmug has - how to satisfy the needs of such a varied client based

What I am proposing would give us BOTH options.

Mark