Options

Muslim Holy festival documentary

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 9, 2006 in The Big Picture
Hello my friends here I am with holy muslim documentary ;-)
EID-UL-AZHA the holy festival of Muslims. Muslims celebrates 2 Eids in a year EID-UL-FITAR and 2nd EID-UL-AZHA. In Eid-ul-Azha Muslims sacrifice animal which is HALAL i.e allowed in Islam to eat they are many but Cow, Goat, Camel Sheep are sacrificed. 7 people can share one cow or camel and goat or sheep can only be sacrificed by one person. After sacrifice the meat is distributed in 3 equal parts one for Poor people 2nd for neighbors and relatives and last for self consumption. Animal Sacrifice is compulsory for earning people if they can afford .
This animal sacrifice came from Prophet Abraham the grand father of
Prophet Yaqub, Yaqub is also known as Israel in Hebrew.
Abraham saw a dream in which God told him to sacrifice his son (Ismael). The next day Abraham told whole thing to his son his son said If it is God’s will then we should not waste our time then he went to sacrifice his son meanwhile Satan appeared to his wife and tried to misguide her she threw a rock to him God turned Satan into Rock statue Hajj pilgrims hit that Satan with rocks during Hajj. On the other hand Abraham blindfolded his son and closed his eyes and started to rip the neck off of his son when he opened his eyes his son was not there instead of him Sheep was laying dead and God said “Abraham your sacrifice is accepted your son is safe” God just tested Abraham how far he can go in God’s love by then Muslims follow the same and sacrifice Halal Animals to make God happy .
Here are some photos of Alive animals in animal market stretched on huge area a lot of bargain there. There are no fixed price they come down to about 50 to 60% of what they say today they were asking to much so we came back with nothing but I got a lot of photos Worthy day for me ;-)
Cow area view
51551080-M.jpg
It should be of right age more than 1 year dental check for that
51547512-M.jpg
200$ for each of them
51551083-M.jpg
1000$ for both ;-(
51552744-M.jpg
550$ ;-( I loved it a lot
51552748-M.jpg
This is 38 Mound cow and price is 8500$ I paid 10-Rs to see it lol inside yellow tent
51548796-M.jpg
51550138-M.jpg
This one is 10,000 $ 42 Mound
51550134-M.jpg
Kids from Kashmir Earthquake relief camp enjoying
51551076-M.jpg
Camels were also there
51547516-M.jpg
51548137-M.jpg
And beauty products are also available
51548139-M.jpg
These animals my be eaten through out the year but in this particular day they taste special some thing is very different its an experience that the taste cannot mach the sacrificed animals in ordinary days no matter how fresh it is waiting for whole year for the day if anyone want to try He is always welcome to me ;-)
I will show our goat if my dad bought it tomorrow The history I told may have some language errors sorry for that but I think you got a point of view of Muslims and actual event was like that cannot right all details
If anyone want to know whole background of festival email me
for larg images
http://awais.smugmug.com/gallery/1108081/1/51551080
Thanks
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    Awais, thank you for sharing this insight into a part of your Muslim beliefs. What currency is used and do you know how it compares to US dollars or Euros? Forgive my ignorance of this.
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    Awais, great photos and story. Thanks for sharing this thread with us.

With modern technology, it's often reported that the world is getting smaller. Even so, I find myself amazed at how little I know about the world around me.

Thanks again.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited January 9, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Awais, thank you for sharing this insight into a part of your Muslim beliefs. What currency is used and do you know how it compares to US dollars or Euros? Forgive my ignorance of this.
    10,000 US dollars and 8500 US dollars
    only high class people buy these for middel class 500 USD cow is also availabale clap.gif
    thanks for looking
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2006
    Awais, great photos and story. Thanks for sharing this thread with us.

With modern technology, it's often reported that the world is getting smaller. Even so, I find myself amazed at how little I know about the world around me.

Thanks again.

Thanks for looking and reading iloveyou.gif

My Gallery