Options

Foggy Ferry

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited December 27, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_6224A-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2015
    Oooh, neat-o. Great shot, Wayne.

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited December 23, 2015
    I really like this one!

--- Denise
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,927 moderator
    edited December 23, 2015
    It looks more like a drawing than a photo. Cool.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2015
    Its beautiful! Great processing too! From comp point of view, feels too skewed towards the top IMO. Cheers Wayne!
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2015
    Yep, nice.
    Do you think it'd matter (too much?) if the bottom 25 - 30% was lopped off?

pp
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2015
    Thanks everyone for the kind feedback. It was taken today from one ferry as the second ferry passed in the opposite direction. It was very foggy on the James River and lots of fog horns were sounded.

To Taz, and PP... thanks for the thoughtful observations. I actually want this to be about fog and water so I put the ferry on the upper right "crash point" for the rule of thirds. I didn't want the sky to garner attention so I purposely emphasized the foreground water. The ferry and buoy are the only other objects to attract ones eye. Might work... but then I agree it might not for everybody. Your input is highly valued!

Take care,

Wayne
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2015
    Thanks everyone for the kind feedback. It was taken today from one ferry as the second ferry passed in the opposite direction. It was very foggy on the James River and lots of fog horns were sounded.

To Taz, and PP... thanks for the thoughtful observations. I actually want this to be about fog and water so I put the ferry on the upper right "crash point" for the rule of thirds. I didn't want the sky to garner attention so I purposely emphasized the foreground water. The ferry and buoy are the only other objects to attract ones eye. Might work... but then I agree it might not for everybody. Your input is highly valued!

Take care,

Wayne

It would still be about fog and water......just needs some breathing room at top....Cheers and Merry Christmas to you!
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    It would still be about fog and water......just needs some breathing room at top....Cheers and Merry Christmas to you!

Much appreciated, Taz! bowdown.gif Merry Christmas to you my friend!

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2015
    Very bold high key exposure! I would not recognize the subject as a ferry; your text helped me appreciate the picture. Beautiful and well done.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Very bold high key exposure! I would not recognize the subject as a ferry; your text helped me appreciate the picture. Beautiful and well done.

Thanks, Carter! wings.gif

Take care,

Wayne