The great game.

john ljohn l Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited December 25, 2015 in Sports
[IMG][/img]test-425-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit_zpss2opdkpa.jpg

This is a test.

Comments

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2015
    And it worked! Love the expression of the player with the puck. Good catch.

There is very little ice hockey in Australia.
    I find it is a bit hard to follow the puck (same for squash) because it moves so fast!

Do you find that also or do you know where it is because you can read the game?
    Is it easier/harder if you are rink side?
    Have they ever experimented with a different coloured puck?
    I cannot image the skill and bravery that is required to be a goalie.

Merry Christmas.
    It's going to be around 30oC here (approx 86oF) - so a really pleasant day.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • john ljohn l Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2015
    Merry Christmas to you Ace. Thanks for your comments. The lighting in most arenas is a problem and it is always difficult to find a clear piece of glass. You lose about a stop and a half shooting through the glass. The smaller kids use a blue puck which is lighter. The goalies are well padded but it takes some intestinal fortitude to stand in front of a shot. Hockey is a great sport. I have a granddaughter and two grandsons which play and it keeps an old guy out of trouble.
    edited December 25, 2015
    john l wrote: »
    I have a granddaughter and two grandsons which play and it keeps an old guy out of trouble.

That's how I got into sports photography - shooting my daughters and their boyfriends!
    I just kept going after they left home and went to Uni and adult life!

I have tried taking basketball indoors here - a black hole that sucks the light out of the universe!!!
    Luckily that is the only sport played at night and not during the day.

When you say you shoot through "glass" - is it actually glass or some kind of plastic?
    Ice hockey gets shown on free-to-air TV here, only when there is some kind of fight or melee.
    How often does that actually happen and is it tolerated in the junior grades?
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
  • john ljohn l Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2015
    [IMG][/img]paul-18-Edit_zpsq2y4orsn.jpg

Yes they do use glass and sometimes it is tinted green. I have seen it shattered but it doesn't happen often. Bodychecking starts at 13 but they are trying to stop it as too many kids are getting concussions. No fighting in the younger age groups but lots of pushing and shoving. The little guy I have posted is in a power run. He is 8 and was clocked sat 31km by a radar gun. The guy in first pic is 12 and skates at 36km.
    Both play high level hockey. The small one is a defence man and his coaches call him THE WALL.
    edited December 25, 2015
    Wow!! That's some pretty serious speed.
    I guess they don't even have to think about their skating - just like footballers don't have to think about running/dodging.
    I bet the kids LOVE seeing photos of themselves!!