alone or together
61% 19 votes
high or low
25% 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2004
    I think here, I need to vote for something I can do. What do you all think quiet or loud means. Maybe scenics (quiet) and/or night spots, music (loud)?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    ??
    QUITE LOUD HI LOW ALONE TOGETHER PIC CHALLENGE OR VALUIM DAY Andy a little more details for the
    for dummies group. JEFF:cry
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    jwear wrote:
    QUITE LOUD HI LOW ALONE TOGETHER PIC CHALLENGE OR VALUIM DAY Andy a little more details for the
    for dummies group. JEFF:cry

nah - what fun is that? :D

"you pays your money, you takes your chance." -- old carny proverb
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    andy wrote:

JWEAR wrote:
    but Andy this is free it's the emotional cost that hurts ne_nau.gif jwear hi and low i will drive to Big BEAR and shoot there
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    andy wrote:

Don't see much point in voting... I would like to see more concrete choices.

JMHO
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2004
    Looks like the categories are "wide open" again...
    andy wrote:

I like to have some kind of an assignment. But, it's a good thing when the assignment is not too narrow. Sometimes even a one word assignment can be interpreted in many ways. Take for instance, "opposites", or "garbarge". These possibilities we are offered have two words.

I voted for "Quiet or Loud". I see it as taking pictures of something that demonstrates the word. "Quiet" could be a peaceful landscape or a place that looks quiet, such as an empty theater or stadium, a street or sidewalk with no people. Some of the night shots I've been looking at here look very quiet. How about still water, a sleeping baby, a path or trail with no one on it, a meadow, a woods. How about a person looking pensive or reading or sitting on a bench. "Loud" could be a street musician, a busy street scene, traffic, a train, a crowd, a fair, a parade, an outdoor market. How about quiet colors and loud colors or garish design.

Alone or together is not too hard to interpret. One person alone. Two people, a group of people, a crowd. A single flower, a bunch of flowers. An empty room or church. An empty stadium.

High or low seems a bit harder to me. Low could be taking a picture from a low perspective, looking under something. How about a foot stool and a bar stool? How about high temperature and low temperature? Not sure about that one. A tall person and a short one walking together. High could be a bird flying, a plane in the air, looking up at something tall, a tall building, a tree, a mast, a cruise ship, a baloon in the air, a flagpole. A mountain is high, a hill, a fire escape, a stairway, the sky, the moon, the stars. The workman in the manhole is low, looking down at anything could be low. Maybe the more creative we are in our interpretation, the better it is.

I think it will be hard for the judges since all the pictures could be very different. But, don't we say that every time? Hehehe. rolleyes1.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2004
    Snappy, you talked me into itrolleyes1.gif after reading your ideas, I am going to go for high/low.

It is pouring rain here, but not photogenic, it is grey now. We were out all afternoon, Bill is going to make dinner, I don't see how I can go out at 7:30 and shoot??? I know about reflections and car lights, I just don't know where they are that I could run over, snap (play on your name, haha) a few and run back.

Now high low, I have an idea on that. Was going to use it for this Challenge, but I don't see how, now. To do it, I need Bill, and he isn't here much at this time of year.

glad to see your post. Will be interesting to see what we will be doing next.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.