Acura RSX shoot

RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited January 11, 2006 in Holy Macro
Thought I would share a few from a shoot today and hopefully get a few critiques.
51600191-L.jpg

51600180-L.jpg

51600205-L.jpg

Hope you guys like them.
Ryan
BMW Tech
Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 8, 2006
    black cars, ouch, tough stuff!

I like the background setting you picked, but most so in the third shot. The first 2 are a bit busy, I can see pipes and more distractions. As for the car itself, I think you'll need some more diffuse reflection to somehow bring out more detail towards the rear. Its kind of a black hole. Wish I could give you more specific advice on how to do that, but my eye wants to see more.

Slick ride, btw. I like the slightly understated styling, no shelf-like rear spoilers or silly graphics, those are a dime a dozen.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    black cars, ouch, tough stuff!

I like the background setting you picked, but most so in the third shot. The first 2 are a bit busy, I can see pipes and more distractions. As for the car itself, I think you'll need some more diffuse reflection to somehow bring out more detail towards the rear. Its kind of a black hole. Wish I could give you more specific advice on how to do that, but my eye wants to see more.

Slick ride, btw. I like the slightly understated styling, no shelf-like rear spoilers or silly graphics, those are a dime a dozen.

15524779-Ti.gif
    And Hondas (Acuras in the US) HAve fantastic styling IMO. I have a 1990 integra but i love all of them.

I think the 3rd shot is the best well donethumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2006
    What kinda turbo is that thing running? I like that IC.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    I would tighten the crop on the first too, the background is too distracting. I like how the background works in the third one though.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 9, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    I would tighten the crop on the first too, the background is too distracting. I like how the background works in the third one though.

my vote is for the third one as well, very nice backgound choice.

the pipes in the first one are too distracting.

i'm not keen on the angle of the car in the second.

and OT, i know it's technically a honda...but why...WHY?
    Pedal faster
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    Nice car. And nice first pass on shooting it in an urban environment.

A couple of things occur to me. First, get low - make the car a hero by shooting up at it. And make sure you pick a dramatic, energetic and flattering angle.

Second, I don't think it's a good background. It's busy, and if you widen out, there are wires. It's distracting. Frankly, I'd like the third shot better if it gave me more of a sense of the environment, but it can't do that without letting in visual distractions. The first shot isn't low enough, the second shot doesn't feel like quite the right angle and the background feel slightly off.

I sure hope you try some more, this could be good!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    Well I Gotta Tell You.........
    Papy wrote:
    Thought I would share a few from a shoot today and hopefully get a few critiques.

Hope you guys like them.
    Ryan

Ryan you have a fantastic eye for Location to shoot your beloved cars thumb.gif
    They do your images absolute justice indeed.
    Excellent......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    Thanks for the great tips and comments. I dont know which tubo he is running but he is pushing 300hp at the wheels.

Thanks again,
    Ryan
    BMW Tech
    Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM