Options

Saving text in the "description" field of a gallery?

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited January 7, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I have all the other settings I need for my various client galleries saved as pre-sets - it's great. However, I'd love to save the text I enter into "description" to those pre-sets as well - that's where I leave instructions for how to download the specific files when I send the client their final galleries. Is there a way of ensuring that text is saved along with the other settings in the pre-set? It would save several steps (now I create the new gallery, go to an old gallery where I go to organize>settings>description and then copy the text there, then back to the new gallery to paste the text into the "description" field. THEN I can upload the images....)

Thanks in advance (and for considering it as a feature request if it isn't currently possible!)

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2016
    I am sorry but there is not a way to save the text along with the other settings in the quick settings. We really appreciate getting suggestions and comments from our users. We have a great tracking system that allows users to suggest features and other users can vote on them. Here is a link to the feedback site where you can make suggestions.

http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug

Thank you for your input

What you could do as a work around though is add a text block to the "all galleries" section of the site. From there you could enter the text you want to show on all the galleries. The following help page will explain more about adding content blocks.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1210628
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2016
    Ah, but I don't want it in all galleries - only the ones which are deliverable to clients :)

I'll file a request!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk