Options

Private Gallery/Sharing Email Invitations - Not Reaching Clients

surreyphotossurreyphotos Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited January 7, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

Just a quick question for you all out there that use the private gallery/sharing option on any of your galleries - how many of you have experienced issues where the automated SmugMug email invite has not reached the intended contact?

I have experienced a lot of failures with this, generally with the emails not reaching the recipient due to being filtered out as spam/junk.

This has been evident more so with commercial clients, who use company email domains and systems.

This is becoming a continued problem for me for my commercial/corporate work, and often results in me having to talk the client through having to check their spam folders and or get their company IT dept to 'whitelist' the SmugMug email.

Yes I appreciate that I can send galleries by just providing the direct URL and bypassing the private gallery aspect, but I specifically like the control and other benefits of that service over the open galleries.

I just wanted to throw it out there to see how many other people have also experienced this issue?

I've spoken with the help heroes about this matter, but they just suggest that it's the companies filtering the emails and there is not much they can do, with the only recommendation that I email the client and guide them with advice to check the spam and also 'whitelist' SmugMug.

Obviously, yes I can do that, but my point is that this doesn't look very professional, and if the client has to use an IT dept, it's also means that it becomes a bit of a saga for the client to then access the images.

So, if you've experienced this - please drop a comment, as I'd be interested to know that it's not just me, and maybe underline it to SmugMug that it is indeed something that needs to be thought about in regards to offering an alternative solution rather than us having to email the client advice.

Thanks in advance!