Options

Gallery passwords in the New SmugMug?

emiliewasmyeveemiliewasmyeve Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited January 14, 2016 in SmugMug Support
In the old SmugMug, I could always see the passwords for my online galleries. In the new SmugMug, all I see is asterisks.

I have hundreds of client galleries, and sometimes I need to share them, along with the password. However, I don't always remember what passwords I set, after I've shared them with clients the first time.

Is there any way to find out what the passwords are without having to change them?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2016
    In the old SmugMug, I could always see the passwords for my online galleries. In the new SmugMug, all I see is asterisks.

I have hundreds of client galleries, and sometimes I need to share them, along with the password. However, I don't always remember what passwords I set, after I've shared them with clients the first time.

Is there any way to find out what the passwords are without having to change them?
    Email the help desk, I think they said there's a way to get them to you.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 14, 2016
    For about another month or so we'll still have the capability to recover gallery passwords, at which point after that, there will no longer be any access to unprotected passwords. As Allen suggested, the Heroes can send you a list of your passwords. I would recommend using a password storing vault program like 1Password to store the list of client passwords, or come up with a pneumonic that all your client passwords are based on so that you'll always be able to remember them in the future!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations