Options

Steeple in late afternoon.

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited January 14, 2016 in Landscapes
DSC_7377_8_9-2-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2016
    Lovely light! Lovely place! Compelling comp!clap.gif
    No one else will be bothered by it but the cloud gashing the sky....bit distracting....
    Cheers Wayne!
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,834 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2016
    I love the combination of the angles of the two fences and the church, and the afternoon light on the church. When I study the picture I wonder two things:
    - would it benefit from cropping a bit of the left tree from the top and left side so that the nice framing remained but it pulled the steeple more into the sweet spot to the left of center?
    - is it this monitor (I'm at my ultrabook) or is the sky the slightest bit over-darkened?

Keep up the great shooting - I always enjoy your work!

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Lovely light! Lovely place! Compelling comp!clap.gif
    No one else will be bothered by it but the cloud gashing the sky....bit distracting....
    Cheers Wayne!

Thanks Taz...those darn clouds are always hanging around in my skies! :D ...And I thought it would be the branches in front of the steeple.

Always appreciated my friend!

Take care,

Wayne
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited January 14, 2016
    I love the combination of the angles of the two fences and the church, and the afternoon light on the church. When I study the picture I wonder two things:
    - would it benefit from cropping a bit of the left tree from the top and left side so that the nice framing remained but it pulled the steeple more into the sweet spot to the left of center?
    - is it this monitor (I'm at my ultrabook) or is the sky the slightest bit over-darkened?

Keep up the great shooting - I always enjoy your work!

Cheers, Sara

Thanks Sara...actually I went through the same process in regards to where to crop. In fact, after I posted the initial picture I replaced it with a tighter crop on the right. I thought that it looked too tight with more cropping and so the one you see is the one I liked.

Not sure about the sky issues...I didn't darken it so it may be a contrast adjustment that's at fault here but I can see that you're right. Thanks! and always appreciate your thoughtful comments!

Take care,

Wayne