Options

Folder Hierarchy Template Management

PiscatawayPiscataway Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited January 15, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
One feature request I'm interested in is titled "Ability to copy a templated folder hierarchy to another folder." This would save much time for those building a new SmugMug site, and greatly simplify the ongoing management of the site. I've seen comments on this idea elsewhere on DGrin going back to 2014. What is the status of its implementation? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2016
    I created a new top folder for family and drug all my family "top level" folders into it.
    Everything in all those moved folders moved with each folder.

I then could put one password on that new top folder and everything below it inherited that PW.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    PiscatawayPiscataway Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2016
    Allen wrote: »
    I created a new top folder for family and drug all my family "top level" folders into it.

I then could put one password on that new top folder and everything below it inherited that PW.

The feature request is for the ability to create a single template for a folder hierarchy that can be copied to another folder (copied, not just moved) and then customized (updating sub-folder names and such). At least that's what I thought it meant and that's what I would like to see.

Here's the link: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/7139693-ability-to-copy-a-templated-folder-hierarchy-to-an
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 15, 2016
    While we'd love to work on templates and making it easier to copy pages and styles, as a small company, there's only so much we can work on. We're hard at work on some really great things but we won't be able to tackle this one right now. We'll be sure to update the Feedback Forums when we have more updates!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2016
    Allen wrote: »

Thanks for this great idea!
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)