Mini-Challenge #219 - Facade Stories - Results

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited January 17, 2016 in The Dgrin Challenges
Even with an extra week, seems this was a rough challenge. Glad some like it, even if not a lot of takers. Sorry Jayhearts had so much trouble posting images. Took a look at the links he did post. Nice trues, but not quite up to snuff.

Ancient ruins are almost like cheating, though quite interesting.

pegelli's "Desolate abbey courtyard" is a definite Honorable Mention.

Third Place: Tony's

2011-08-03-327-M.jpg

Second Place: Tatiana's "Historic building in Yakima, Washington"

cigar-sign-yakima-washington-M.jpg

First Place: pegelli's:

PEG_NEX6_1_09116_20150128-2.jpg

Congratulations!

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2016
    Great choices Don - congrats to the winners!
    I really like pegelli's image that combines the architectural and graffiti elements... is that a Banksy on the second panel from the left?

I would have liked to participate too Don, but, for a couple of reasons, there are very few (any?) examples of your idea on the West Coast...
    Most of our buildings are relatively young, and not many are (remain) constructed with bricks, and, those that were have been either knocked down
    by earthquakes or renovated to meet earthquake requirements. I will though, keep my eyes peeled for any now that you've enlightened us! Good MC!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2016
    Congrats to all that successfully participated. This was a tough one and I'm just sorry I couldn't get an appropriate shot - maybe next time. I agree with Sara, eyes are more open with something to look for as we're out shooting. Congratulations Pegelli - look forward to the next challenge.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2016
    Earache wrote: »
    Great choices Don - congrats to the winners!
    I really like pegelli's image that combines the architectural and graffiti elements... is that a Banksy on the second panel from the left?

I would have liked to participate too Don, but, for a couple of reasons, there are very few (any?) examples of your idea on the West Coast...
    Most of our buildings are relatively young, and not many are (remain) constructed with bricks, and, those that were have been either knocked down
    by earthquakes or renovated to meet earthquake requirements. I will though, keep my eyes peeled for any now that you've enlightened us! Good MC!
    Yeah, I have trouble participating at times, for similar general reasons. Anyhow, Seattle, San Fransisco, Victoria and Vancouver are the sort of West Coast places one might find such stuff... :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2016
    Congratulations Pegelli and Tony, and thank you for the second place :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2016
    Don, thanks for picking my shot and congrats to Tony and Tatiana for the other honorable places. Fortunately I'm crazy enough to look for old/demolished stuff so I had this picture from the Belgian desolate town of Doel in my collection. If you have the opportunity it's definitely worth a visit, but you need to be quick since it is expected the demolition works will resume later this year.

I'll think of a theme for the next mini-challenge and post something during the coming week. Watch this space :D
    Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 17, 2016
    Great choices Don! Congas to pegelli and the runner ups.