Dorie - 3 images

ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited January 9, 2006 in People
We spent Christmas at our friends' house and, when I saw Dorie in the late afternoon light, I thought the pictures would be nice. What I can't tell is whether the images are overexposed or look right. One monitor shows them rich with color and shadow; the other claims I overexposed in post-processing. Some feedback would be great as would any critique. Thanks!

51521846-M.jpg

51520434-M.jpg

51520437-M.jpg

Comments

• CalfeeRiderCalfeeRider Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    Scarhart wrote:
    We spent Christmas at our friends' house and, when I saw Dorie in the late afternoon light, I thought the pictures would be nice. What I can't tell is whether the images are overexposed or look right. One monitor shows them rich with color and shadow; the other claims I overexposed in post-processing. Some feedback would be great as would any critique. Thanks!

Nice pics overall, but some of the highlights in the blouse look blown to me - especially on her left side. That's a tricky situation to meter and expose well. Next time try to get her to wear a different color! :D

Jack
    Jack

http://www.SplendorousSojourns.com

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    I see a few hot spots in the blouse, but the face looks quite nice. I would try blending two images, one darker, one lighter.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    Thanks so much for the feedback! I had kept all my post-processing in layers, so I could mask the shirt from the adjustment layers. Does this seem to do the trick of showing the white yet keeping the warm tone to the rest of the image?

51771990-L.jpg