My first try at photography; indoor flag football action

4on4flagfootball.com4on4flagfootball.com Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited January 15, 2006 in Sports
http://4on4flagfootball.smugmug.com/gallery/1110754/6/51691090

I couldnt figure out how to upload the picture so i pasted the link......i tried a couple of times to upload it and was told "upload error"

Anyway, this is the luckiest shot in the world, especially because it was my first time to use SLR equipment. I am having a blast.......and by the way, thanks for the cool website to put all these pictures!! I really like what you guys are doing!

51691090-M.jpg
ian408 wrote:
edit your post to see how to add pics.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    great shots.............thumb.gif

if your press the insert image button and paste the url of your photo there is will be in your post here.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 11, 2006
    4on4,

Nice work under some difficult conditions. I like the blur and think it adds to most of your shots thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • 4on4flagfootball.com4on4flagfootball.com Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2006
    Thanks, i dont even know how the blur worked or if its supposed to. You say it looks good so i guess its cool, but i dont know what im doing.......some of them i wish could be a little more clear but there are a few blurry ones that i thought (as you said) the blur added to the shot.....
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 11, 2006
    Thanks, i dont even know how the blur worked or if its supposed to. You say it looks good so i guess its cool, but i dont know what im doing.......some of them i wish could be a little more clear but there are a few blurry ones that i thought (as you said) the blur added to the shot.....

Laughing.gif ...not knowing what you are doing isn't all bad. The more knowledge you gain, the harder you will be on yourself and towards your images. Back before I know what was what (this was like a month ago....lol) it was so much easier to just like a pic cuz it looked good to me. No concerns about analyzing the compositional and technical aspects/merits of the shot.

I used to be happier with my own shots in my state of ignorant bliss too. Then I came here and wound up getting too smart for my own skills....Laughing.gif

Anyhow, ya done good thumb.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • GoBlue!GoBlue! Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    You've got some great shots there; welcome to the hobby! Now, start to play with the crop tool....you could turn some of your good shots into stellar shots! :)

Jim
  • 4on4flagfootball.com4on4flagfootball.com Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2006
    Tommorrow night i have to shoot outdoor under the football lights and i need to learn how to set the camera..........i am planning on going over the instruction manuals to get tips
    edited January 11, 2006
    I'm happy that you liked my shots, thanks for the encouraging words.........
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 15, 2006
    You've got some cool looking pictures there.

Hope you don't mind, I added an image from your gallery to your post.
    If you hit the edit button, you'll see how I did it.

Here are more instructions on just about anything to do with dgrin.

Welcome aboard!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?