Panorama colors didn't work out.

PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited January 11, 2006 in Finishing School
I shot this Panorama and stiched it with Photomerge in PS2. I kept the photos as layers and masked the edges to try to make up for the differences in lighting. The funny thing is I had all my settings worked out before the shot - manual everything, but I still got different light in two of the center photos. Aside from the initial shooting what can I do different in Photoshop to make the light differences flow better?

51592323-L.jpg

You might need to look at the original to see it better, but the original is 8978 x 2411 pixels! The original: http://poindexter.smugmug.com/photos/51592323-O.jpg

I'd like to get this right because it is for my grandparents - their bedroom view.

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    I was able to play with this for a few minutes. I didn't get finished, but the technique seemed to be working.

I used a levels adjustment layer (curves might work better) masked to just cover the lighter areas at the center. By darkening up the center sections I was starting to get a pretty good match.
  • PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    cletus wrote:
    I was able to play with this for a few minutes. I didn't get finished, but the technique seemed to be working.

I used a levels adjustment layer (curves might work better) masked to just cover the lighter areas at the center. By darkening up the center sections I was starting to get a pretty good match.

Thanks Cletus. I'm going to have to play with this myself later - I didn't think about masking off an adjustment layer! thumb.gif
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    I took a swing at this. Is it supposed to be dawn/dusk with some color other than blue in the sky?

51856691-L.jpg

Or just before/after when the sky is pure blue?

51856767-L.jpg

I couldn't tell from the image you posted.
    If not now, when?
  • PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    I couldn't tell from the image you posted.

You do have to look at the original to see the differences. In the middle it is a bit brighter than the rest of the panoramic. It was only two shots, but they were the shots right in the center :bash

I kind of liked the sky - a little bit of purple to the right while blue to the left. I'll admit it is a boring pano, but it is for the GP's. I think I'm going to try again at sunset.

Thanks for all the help everyone :)