Options

Yosemite winter

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited March 27, 2016 in Landscapes
I had aspirations to go back there to build better set, but that didn't happen.
This is what I got when I was there at end of the year.

All feedback and criticism cherished!

1)
1W7A1739-Edit-X3.jpg

2)
1W7A2419-X3.jpg

3)
1W7A1553-X3.jpg

4)
1W7A1609-X3.jpg

5)
1W7A1603-Edit-X3.jpg

6)
1W7A1981-X3.jpg

7)
1W7A2469-Edit-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Shyaa....., whatever! :stfu The further I scrolled the farther my jaw dropped dude! You know these are the bomb! As I scroll I start memorizing which numbers to call out as my faves....., but honestly dude, after I got past #2 I lost my sh*t.

Sooooo jealous! I wish I could have gone there with you to get some of this magic for myself. I'm not sure what you were hoping to see, but these certainly depict real life to me.

Some day Taz, we have to do a shooting trip together! I think we know of plenty of awesome places near our home turf's to make any trip worth the while.

Awesome set dude... I certainly hope you will be able to frame a couple of these for sale, I know scenes from this area are available anywhere, but nowhere near this good. Great post work, really like these.
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    Wiren wrote: »
    Shyaa....., whatever! :stfu The further I scrolled the farther my jaw dropped dude! You know these are the bomb! As I scroll I start memorizing which numbers to call out as my faves....., but honestly dude, after I got past #2 I lost my sh*t.

Sooooo jealous! I wish I could have gone there with you to get some of this magic for myself. I'm not sure what you were hoping to see, but these certainly depict real life to me.

Some day Taz, we have to do a shooting trip together! I think we know of plenty of awesome places near our home turf's to make any trip worth the while.

Awesome set dude... I certainly hope you will be able to frame a couple of these for sale, I know scenes from this area are available anywhere, but nowhere near this good. Great post work, really like these.

bowdown.gifbow
    I would love nothing more. In love with Yosemite officially.....after ignoring it forever.....next winter...lets make it happen....I know I will be there no matter what crap universe throws at me....so you ought to come down....family can come too...and have their own fun...while you chase shots! Cheers Lee!
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
  • Options
    DarkRockDarkRock Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Fantastic!

For me (I think) #2, #3 & #7

-Tim
    5D MIII, 24-105mm L f4 IS, 70-300mm L f4 IS, 17-40mm L f4 USM, 50mm f1.4

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Breathtaking stuff, Taz. clap.gif I've seen a gazillion shots of this area in similar conditions but your efforts here are clearly in a league of their own. Once a subject gets the TT ( Taz Treatment ), it makes the rest of us struggle to keep up. Kudos for superior work.thumb.gif

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    jerryr wrote: »
    Excellent work ! #2is my favorite !

Thanks kindly Jerry! Catching right conditions makes a difference!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    DarkRock wrote: »
    Fantastic!

For me (I think) #2, #3 & #7

-Tim

Many many thanks Tim! Greatly appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    Breathtaking stuff, Taz. clap.gif I've seen a gazillion shots of this area in similar conditions but your efforts here are clearly in a league of their own. Once a subject gets the TT ( Taz Treatment ), it makes the rest of us struggle to keep up. Kudos for superior work.thumb.gif

Take care,

Tom

Tom, your generosity is one of best joys of life for me! Hope you are well and bring us more joyous shots! bowdown.gifbarb
    Cheers!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Really nice set of images. Yosemite in the winter is spectacular!!

Sam
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    Sam wrote: »
    Really nice set of images. Yosemite in the winter is spectacular!!

Sam

Thanks Sam! I believe one image that I have seen in your gallery, is part of my inspiration to explore Yosemite in winter! Cheers!
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    iloveyou.gifbow

Well -- it only got better as I scrolled. The very last is my favorite. Incredible! I would have that printed huge and could look at it for awhile. There is so much to see... textures, colors, and detail. Just stunning.

And so my favorites start from last and go that way. I really do like six...it's not the typical.

They are all just gorgeous! !!!!!!! Another stellar set!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    iloveyou.gifbow

Well -- it only got better as I scrolled. The very last is my favorite. Incredible! I would have that printed huge and could look at it for awhile. There is so much to see... textures, colors, and detail. Just stunning.

And so my favorites start from last and go that way. I really do like six...it's not the typical.

They are all just gorgeous! !!!!!!! Another stellar set!!!

Thanks Anna Maria! My day is made!
    The last one is 4 vertical shot pano, and about 50M so it does have details....

Thanks again!bowdown.gifbarb
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    I'd be happy with those! Now you need to strap a pair of snowshoes and hit the high country in the winter time. :)
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    These are all quite nice but #1 and #6 are something special. Making a note to visit Yosemite next winter.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    I'd be happy with those! Now you need to strap a pair of snowshoes and hit the high country in the winter time. :)

Thanks Mike! Means a great deal to me!
    I used to do snowshoeing and other climbing a lot, but sort of lost that battle to laziness. Hope to get back in shape one day....Cheers!
    anwmn1 wrote: »
    These are all quite nice but #1 and #6 are something special. Making a note to visit Yosemite next winter.

Thanks Aaron! Coming from you, I am over joyed! When you do visit, I am sure you would let K-dog know....and hopefully me too! Cheers!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited March 3, 2016
    Yup! That's another place I need to shoot. And when I do, I will need helpful advice and guiding, I will call you up first and hope to learn the ropes of that park. There are none in this set that aren't drop dead gorgeous. One nit, and it is tiny, but #6 might benefit with a slight tilt to the right. But wow, that little bit of light you got just adds magic, doesn't it?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Yup! That's another place I need to shoot. And when I do, I will need helpful advice and guiding, I will call you up first and hope to learn the ropes of that park. There are none in this set that aren't drop dead gorgeous. One nit, and it is tiny, but #6 might benefit with a slight tilt to the right. But wow, that little bit of light you got just adds magic, doesn't it?

Thanks David! wings.gifbow
    I will fix the horizon on #6......didn't notice it before....

Please do ping me before you head here. I know the place and would love to shoot with you. Hope you make it out here! Best time to shoot in Yosemite is indeed winter and second best would be right now perhaps...early spring when waterfalls are at their peak. Summer is photogenically atrocious....not to mention the insane crowd.....and fall usually has falls dry up....

Cheers!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2016
    clap.gif A cut above Maestro!!!

#7 rocks, but, Half Dome is peeking through in #2 thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2016
    Earache wrote: »
    clap.gif A cut above Maestro!!!

#7 rocks, but, Half Dome is peeking through in #2 thumb.gif

Thanks for kind comment and visit Eric! I cherish it! bowdown.gif
    #7 is 4 shot pano, so slow to process, but your support makes it worth it!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2016
    Wow, Great set, beautiful work. Wonderful light and compositions. thumb.gifthumb

I was supposed to be there the week of February 22nd, the beginning of a 3 month road trip, but alas a heart valve replacement came sooner than expected. Next year.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Wow, Great set, beautiful work. Wonderful light and compositions. thumb.gifthumb

I was supposed to be there the week of February 22nd, the beginning of a 3 month road trip, but alas a heart valve replacement came sooner than expected. Next year.

Phil

Sorry to hear that Phil! I really hope you continue to recover and do well! You are pretty active guy to be dealing with all that!bowdown.gif

Thanks truly for kind comments!
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Phil! I really hope you continue to recover and do well! You are pretty active guy to be dealing with all that!bowdown.gif

Thanks truly for kind comments!

Thanks Taz. Recovery is going well, slow but sure. Planning on being in the Rockies come end of May or June.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Thanks Taz. Recovery is going well, slow but sure. Planning on being in the Rockies come end of May or June.

Phil

Wishing you an uneventful recovery, Phil! You take your time!

Amazing shots, Taz! I can't pick a favorite. Anyone of them would hang on my wall with pride.
    bowdown.gifclap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited March 13, 2016
    Great to see you back Wayne! Hope to see more of your great work! Cheers!wings.gifbow
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2016
    Awesome images and your post processing is stop on. Compelling imagery! Nicely done!
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2016
    Awesome images and your post processing is stop on. Compelling imagery! Nicely done!

Thanks Mike!! Greatly appreciate it!
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2016
    I like all of these. #1 has a really frosty atmosphere!
    #3 & #4 have great clarity, clean, sharp and relaxing.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2016
    I like all of these. #1 has a really frosty atmosphere!
    #3 & #4 have great clarity, clean, sharp and relaxing.

Thanks Carl! Appreciate it much!!wings.gif
  • Options
    joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2016
    They are all awesome shots. The 1st and last are my favorites.
  • Options
    rhiturajrhituraj Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2016
    Spectacular series, what a winter wonderland. #2 is my favorite. clap.gif

Camera - $1700, Lens - $900, Memories - Priceless | www.rhitusworld.com