edited March 13, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
In a nice beech tree

IMG_3697%20-1_zps5jie3ish.jpg
It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2016
    these are cute little guys - nice capture, although I wish there were a tad more tree at the top. But I', sure you had your reasons... :-)

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2016
    Very nice. I agree about the framing, but you take one like this when you can get it.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2016
    In a perfect world, there would be nothing distracting at the top of the frame:D

This is not a perfect world.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Great image....the top 3/4!!:D
    Well, because there is too much bottom.....I would simply crop is right below squirrels for landscape shot....
    I understand something unpleasant was at the top.....but excessive bottom does not work.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Nice one, Willard. I agree with Taz about chopping off some of the bottom of the image. I know that doing so tends to center the main subject but I feel that works best in this case.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    This is as centered as I want to go. I think centered fotos are, in general, static and dull and I try to avoid them if I can.

Geometric figures (circles/squares) and etc can be centered successfully, but squirrels and trees are not that geometric.

IMG_3697%20-1a_zpslpfo28iu.jpg
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Very nice capture Willard!
    I like the re-crop much better.. it seems to feature the rodents more.

Harry might even like this one... :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Both are lovely Willard.....truly are....except in second one I am not thinking about comp....just enjoying the super cuteness of critters.....lovely shot!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Both are lovely Willard.....truly are....except in second one I am not thinking about comp....just enjoying the super cuteness of critters.....lovely shot!
    Cheers!

15524779-Ti.gif Love the second shot crop and I'm thinking about the subject...not the crop. Nice capture, Willard.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53