Options

In the Mercado de San Miguel

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
edited March 15, 2016 in Street and Documentary
An old market in the center of Madrid was converted to (mostly) a collection of tapas bars. Most of the patrons are tourists, but it is hugely popular.

151219_0241_b-XL.jpg

151212_0133_b-XL.jpg

150809_0044_b-XL.jpg

150809_0051_b-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Nice work Richard - very enjoyable series!! clap.gif

Club lighting is tricky, and you killed it here!
    Fantastic conversions and tones...
    Eye contact from subjects is tricky too, but, it really works here because of their expressions and the moments that you captured...
    Was the "bird" for you? rolleyes1.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2016
    Richard...the lighting, focus, cropping and processing here are fantastic. But that's just me!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2016
    Outstanding conversions Richard clap.gif. I love the light of the glasses in all the pics!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited March 15, 2016
    Thanks, guys. Glad you liked them.

@Eric: I've gotten my share of birds, but this particular one was for one of his buddies. Looks like the woman in the last shot busted me, though lol3.gif. I was trying to get her taking a pic of her food, but I took too long framing the shot. You're right--the light in that place is tough. It's basically dark in the interior with natural light in the outer aisles and artificial light of all sorts at the individual stands. Color balance is insanely difficult, so I usually convert to B&W.