Options

Return to Doud Creek - Big Sur

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited March 23, 2016 in Landscapes
Doud Creek is famous for its Calla Lillies that bloom around this time of the year. One of the gems of Big Sur coast!

Unfortunately it has been discovered by tourists so it is a complete mad-house. However, I managed to get these shots. Didn't get golden sunset, but it wasn't bad at all.

All feedback and criticism is desired and heartily cherished!

1) Oceans Apart
1W7A4242-Edit-Edit-X3.jpg

2) Incoming
1W7A4283-X3.jpg

3) Calm Turbulence
1W7A4296-X3.jpg

4) Rock Congregation
1W7A4310-X3.jpg

5) Surfers
1W7A4340-X3.jpg

6) Space-time Continuum
1W7A4321-X3.jpg

7) March of the Lillies
1W7A4385-Edit-X3.jpg

8) Blue Danube
1W7A4393-Edit-X3.jpg

9) Serenity Now
1W7A4407-X3.jpg

10) Heaven's Gate
1W7A4400-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,213 moderator
    edited March 14, 2016
    Incredible set, especially #1, which drew me right in. Nice job on the B/W conversions.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Incredible set, especially #1, which drew me right in. Nice job on the B/W conversions.

Yay!wings.gif
    Thanks David!
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,834 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2016
    As usual Taz, breathtakingly beautiful work! clap.gifclapclap.gif Also kudos for the great bw conversions.

...one small point though - in #1 I wonder why you of all people ("King of the Cloning Tool" :D) left that guy in the frame. My eye went straight to him, not the callalily in the foreground. Was it so intended? If so, then I take it back.

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2016
    As usual Taz, breathtakingly beautiful work! clap.gifclapclap.gif Also kudos for the great bw conversions.

...one small point though - in #1 I wonder why you of all people ("King of the Cloning Tool" :D) left that guy in the frame. My eye went straight to him, not the callalily in the foreground. Was it so intended? If so, then I take it back.

Cheers, Sara

Thanks Sara!! Can't say that enough!
    I took the guy out....then I thought he might be adding something.....like emotion...just an attempt....need to find better ways to include people..
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2016
    #1 is beautiful!!!! And I'd leave the guy in. Kinda has the feeling of a deserted island, and some rare orchid discovered by the line occupant!

Also like #8 :-)
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2016
    #1 is beautiful!!!! And I'd leave the guy in. Kinda has the feeling of a deserted island, and some rare orchid discovered by the line occupant!

Also like #8 :-)

Thanks Carl! That is the feeling I sensed too but could not verbalize it. Dreaming is cool!
    Cheers m8!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2016
    You need to start printing and selling!!

Sam
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2016
    Sam wrote: »
    You need to start printing and selling!!

Sam

Ah Sam, I think I am going to go shopping for a parachute or a bungee chord.....I can't see how else I can come back down from cloud-9.ne_nau.gifwings.gifivarbowdown.gif
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2016
    Another great set. Of the B&W, I really like #5. Of the color shots, #10 works really well for me, although there seems to be the slightest bluish haze around the foremost blooms.
    thumb.gifthumb

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Another great set. Of the B&W, I really like #5. Of the color shots, #10 works really well for me, although there seems to be the slightest bluish haze around the foremost blooms.
    thumb.gifthumb

Phil

Thanks kindly Phil!!bowdown.gif

I can see the haze now in #10......not sure what it is, maybe filer was dirty or something else.......I will try LR's De-haze feature to see if I can improve it!