Early morning shot of the Snowdon Horseshoe

Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited March 18, 2016 in Landscapes
DSC_1055-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2016
    Beautiful scenery and soft colors.....however, to me, the foreground rock is overwhelming....like it got in the way and you couldn't go around it...
    Cheers Carl!
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2016
    Mooi maar vind de rots op/in de voorgrond net wat tè dominant.
    grt,boco.
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Beautiful scenery and soft colors.....however, to me, the foreground rock is overwhelming....like it got in the way and you couldn't go around it...
    Cheers Carl!

Great scenery and I agree with Taz, but I always have the same issue...I want to create depth but just how much of the foreground to add is always a puzzler. I love the colors here!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2016
    Agree with everyone about the foreground and yes the colors and scene beyond is wonderful!
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2016
    Thanks for your comments everyone, I agree also about the foreground, but it couldn't be avoided unfortunately, I climbed onto a pinnacle to take the shot, and couldn't set the tripod up to avoid the rock. I had a foot of room behind the camera and abit of a drop. But, I've been back to the location since and done some scouting and have found a few better places to set up. Just need to motivate myself for a 5am wakeup. :-)
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2016
    Thanks for your comments everyone, I agree also about the foreground, but it couldn't be avoided unfortunately, I climbed onto a pinnacle to take the shot, and couldn't set the tripod up to avoid the rock. I had a foot of room behind the camera and abit of a drop. But, I've been back to the location since and done some scouting and have found a few better places to set up. Just need to motivate myself for a 5am wakeup. :-)

Look forward to future attempts!!