Options

Take the Hill Boys!

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited March 28, 2016 in Landscapes
I think the two saguaro in the bottom right look like they are waving and yelling their arms at the others to 'take the hill!' :wink

TNF%20Horseshoe%20L_16-02-12_34-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2016
    As lovely as the photo is, I like your wild imagination describing it just as much!clap.gif

You are not that far off either.....if in ancient times there was a column of famous Greek Phalanx coming up the hill, I believe this is *exactly* how it would appear to the opposing side!

Cheers!!
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2016
    Cool shot!
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2016
    Oh you desert dwellers - I love these cactus shots! Anna Maria, I really like the composition and the light on this one - I can feel myself standing in those foreground shadows.

Cheers, Sara
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2016
    I like this. Nice composition & lighting. The narrative too!
    Best,
    Len
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2016
    The line in the sky is bugging me. The RAW file has it so I assume it is the clear sky and the clouds were coming in. Regardless.... i tried to blend the sky:

TNF%20Horseshoe%20Lk_16-02-12_80-Edit-Edit-1-XL.jpg
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2016
    AnnaMaria...I really like the retouched version. The sky looks much better and the "line" doesn't make it look as if the sky was somehow poorly adjusted with the gradient filter in LR. Love the shot!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2016
    I never noticed the line, but now that your mentioned it, yes, the retouched result is wonderful!! Unique shot....I see literally hundreds of photos a day.....this one is not to be seen anywhere else! Cheers!
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2016
    Feel free to retouch any of my shots, Eia; looks much improved...
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2016
    Thanks everyone -- and for Taz's story. I was rather thinking John Wayne in the Green Beret's or better; the Flag at Iwo Jima. Probably one taken in every war. Me however... in a canoe looking upward.