Protected by the flag

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited April 6, 2016 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2016
    interesting :)
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited March 27, 2016
    It's an interesting arrangement, but a couple of technical things bother me. There's so much contrast that it's hard to make out much detail on the people and even on the buildings in the background. Opening up the shadows would help. Also, if it were mine I'd try to reduce the wide-angle perspective distortion on the buildings. You probably won't be able to eliminate it without squashing the flag too much, but there might be a middle ground.

Were they arranged like that for a reason or was a just a random event? I thought at first that they were trying to avoid the hot sunlight, but some of them are not dressed for heat, so it's not altogether clear headscratch.gif.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2016
    Thanks for the comment Richard. I think that technically this is not a good pic and may not have a good fix. I was just fascinated that people were seeking the shade instinctively, even though, as you point out some seem dressed for colder weather.
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment Richard. I think that technically this is not a good pic and may not have a good fix. I was just fascinated that people were seeking the shade instinctively, even though, as you point out some seem dressed for colder weather.

Yes, sometimes there are these very interesting shots in conditions where the photograph is almost guaranteed to not be a winner. Like this one - not a great sky color, too much glare and not a great angle. You caught a fascinating moment, though!

Cheers, Sara