Options

HDR Composite of Nichupte Lagoon.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 24, 2016
    It's a beautiful image. I edited your post so that the image shown in-line instead of requiring folks to click on a link. You'll get a lot more views this way. If this is objectionable to you, I'll be happy to switch it back.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2016
    Lovely! HDR shows a bit, but very beautiful scene!
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2016
    Oh...nicely done HDR with very eye catching color. I like the preserved detail as well such as the beaten paint on the boat.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    Kevin PaulKevin Paul Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2016
    Thanks for the help with the formatting. And thank you for the compliments
    Oh...nicely done HDR with very eye catching color. I like the preserved detail as well such as the beaten paint on the boat.

So besides some of the HDR showing, no one is noticing the compositing? Nothing looks added or taken away?

I spent a ton of time doing the detail work as I plan to print this huge, and just wanted to run it by a few fresh eyes.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2016
    Kevin Paul wrote: »
    Thanks for the help with the formatting. And thank you for the compliments

So besides some of the HDR showing, no one is noticing the compositing? Nothing looks added or taken away?

I spent a ton of time doing the detail work as I plan to print this huge, and just wanted to run it by a few fresh eyes.

Riddles are not my thing. If you cloned something out, you did a great job as nothing jumps out. The bright blue under the building on right bugs me some....it is distracting. If you like it, then good for you!

HDR always introduces slight ghosting effect....in this case it might be adding something to it...while taking aways just a little bit of natural look.

Cheers!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited March 25, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    If you cloned something out, you did a great job as nothing jumps out. The bright blue under the building on right bugs me some....it is distracting. If you like it, then good for you!
    15524779-Ti.gif The blue looks wrong to me, but the rest looks fine. The light does have that HDR compressed look a bit, but the colors are discreet and the overall image is lovely.
  • Options
    Kevin PaulKevin Paul Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2016
    Richard wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif The blue looks wrong to me, but the rest looks fine. The light does have that HDR compressed look a bit, but the colors are discreet and the overall image is lovely.

The blue under the building was there, but now that you point it out...

I cloned out two other boats, I removed ropes that were in the foreground. I replaced a clouded sky with a sunset and then reflected that sunset in the water. I increased the size of the buildings in the distance, and those colors on the boat that is left, I painted on using the pallete from the new sky.

So if you looked at it and none of that stands out, I did alright.

I might take that blue out from under the building. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited March 26, 2016
    Kevin Paul wrote: »
    So if you looked at it and none of that stands out, I did alright.

I might take that blue out from under the building. Thanks for the help.
    Wow, I salute you for your heroics. If the blue was there, you needn't remove it, just tone it down a bit by desaturating and/or darkening it so that it isn't so strong.
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2016
    Beautiful, serene, romantic image,
    Nice one Kev