color managment with photoshop elements

JackieJackie Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 10, 2006 in Finishing School
HELP!!! I've finally decided to jump on board with all the fancy color management stuff. Up unitl recently, I've just settled for whatever colors the 1 hour photo labs would provide on my digital prints. But now that I am going to start uploading my images to Smugmug for others to print, I want to make sure they get a image that looks as good as it can. The problem is, I am just starting to learn about ICC profiles and sRGB, etc... and I am working with Photoshop Elements 4.0. Can anyone tell me what I should do to get the best results if I plan to print to SmugMugs georgia lab? I already download the ICC profile, and I ordered a calibration print so that I can adjust my monitor. But I would greatly appreciate anyone that could walk me throught the steps I need to take from "opening the image" to "Saving the image." PLEASE ASSUME THAT I KNOW NOTHING!!!! I'd rather have too much info than not enough. Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    Hi Jackie,

You've ordered the calibration print - great - make sure your monitor is calibrated to match that - use the esp icc profile to "soft proof" but you don't embed it. Make sure your files are in sRGB and you'll be all set!