Options

Immature Bald Eagle Flight Path

fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
edited April 3, 2016 in Wildlife
Eagles have been very active as of late. Here's a shot of an immature Bald Eagle shot with the Canon 7D II using the Canon 100-400 L II. Huge difference in the auto focus of the new Mark II as well as ISO performance over the original 7D. Sold my original in order to upgrade.

I also upgraded to the new Canon 100-400 F 4.5 - 5.6 L II Lens from the older version. Much sharper images with the new version or is the improved performance of the 7D Mark II? I don't know, but very happy with this setup! My keeper rate has skyrocketed! I'm not looking back. If anyone is considering an upgrade to the 7D II, I highly recommend it. The first image is racked out to 400mm.

MCK_2185-L.jpg

MCK_2065-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2016
    Lovely shots!
  • Options
    Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2016
    Super shots, Mike. Superb color & clarity!

Tony
  • Options
    Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2016
    very nice Mike, looks like your new toys are paying for themselves
    glad to hear the eagles are on the move again, where were these taken? i shoot along the shores of Lake Superior between Ontario and Duluth but haven't been down that way since i went to Sax Zim Bog back in December
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2016
    Brian_S wrote: »
    very nice Mike, looks like your new toys are paying for themselves
    glad to hear the eagles are on the move again, where were these taken? i shoot along the shores of Lake Superior between Ontario and Duluth but haven't been down that way since i went to Sax Zim Bog back in December

Thanks Brian, These were taken a few hours South of you on the Mississippi, just South of the Twin City metro area. Love Duluth and Sax Sim Bog, too!

Take care,

Mike