Options

Pretty in Pink--Never tire of the Roseate Spoonbills!

PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
edited April 1, 2016 in Wildlife
I love the Roseate Spoonbills, and hope you enjoy these. I haven't had much time for photography lately, but it sure is great to get outside in a beautiful place with perfect weather, a good camera and these beautiful birds. Life is good! Best to all, Pam

1)

2016_0328_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-28A-2-L.jpg

2)
2016_0328_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-30C-L.jpg

3)
2016_0328_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-20D-1-L.jpg

4)
2016_0328_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-2A-L.jpg

5)
2016_0328_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-3F-L.jpg

6)
2016_0328_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-4B-1-L.jpg

7)
2016_0326_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-3A-L.jpg

8)
2016_0326_Avery_Island-7A-1-L.jpg

9)
2016_0326_Roseate_Spoonbill_Avery_Island-1B-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2016
    These are really wonderful. Super compositions with excellent color and clarity. What a beautiful bird!

Tony
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2016
    Lovely series Pam! #2 is #1 for me! Cheers!
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2016
    These are really wonderful. Super compositions with excellent color and clarity. What a beautiful bird!

Tony

Thank you, Tony! Best, Pam
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Lovely series Pam! #2 is #1 for me! Cheers!

Thank you, Stumblebum. I like #2 also--it is hard for me to get 2 birds in focus in one shot, usually, but there was enough light that I didn't have to shoot wide open. Best, Pam
  • Options
    peargrinpeargrin Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2016
    Stunning collection, Pam! The first one is a beautiful portrait. How lucky are you to see these gorgeous creatures in the wild!

Best wishes,
    Pear
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2016
    peargrin wrote: »
    Stunning collection, Pam! The first one is a beautiful portrait. How lucky are you to see these gorgeous creatures in the wild!

Best wishes,
    Pear

Don't I know it! The part about being lucky to see these beautiful birds! That afternoon there were 10 of them in this small rookery, all flying around on parade. Magnificent to watch! Best, Pam
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2016
    Fwiw, Pam, #2 would also get my vote.

Pose /attitude of the rhs bird would probably be enough on its own, but with the interaction of the two it's even better imo ... all manner of comments could be hung onto this pair, methinks :)

pp
  • Options
    kscooperkscooper Registered Users Posts: 387 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2016
    Yes, Pam - I'd never get tired of seeing them, even though I've never done so! # 2 is my "fave" also, among your terrific set.

Eric

good gear; not enough time
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2016
    Fwiw, Pam, #2 would also get my vote.

Pose /attitude of the rhs bird would probably be enough on its own, but with the interaction of the two it's even better imo ... all manner of comments could be hung onto this pair, methinks :)

pp

Thanks, Paul. I'm not sure the lhs bird was buying the pitch. ne_nau.gifdunno Best, Pam
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2016
    kscooper wrote: »
    Yes, Pam - I'd never get tired of seeing them, even though I've never done so! # 2 is my "fave" also, among your terrific set.

Thanks, Eric! I hope you get a chance to come see the birds in person. There are quite a few in South Louisiana in the spring. Jefferson Island, the next Island over from Avery Island has a large flock that regularly nests there, and we seem to get quite a few, too. They just are so striking. Best, Pam