Options

Ski Resort Easter Sunrise Service

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited April 1, 2016 in Landscapes
Hope you had a happy Easter!

54f021c492e24779950613ce63a60c1a
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2016
    It is a joyous shot! Fun place, and lively people, all looking at sun mostly, like they are all going to race....beginning of something wonderful

In my view it would benefit if that big white line on left.....not sure if it is a road...or someone's ski.....or what.....but it is not pleasing to me and I would clone it out...
    The shiny bright spot in the tree also serves no purpose to me...
    Little foot or knee sneaking in bottom left corner.....can go.....and also the dust specs on top left corner can be removed....
    The more difficult fix would be the tree on top right.....which is distorted as this is wide angle.......who knows...it may even be adding something but then it would have been better if there were more distorted elements....instead of just one....
    Good shot nonetheless!
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2016
    Thanks Stumblebum. I agree with all your comments, although the tree doesn't bother me. It makes me proud that I didn't cut it off, nor my daughter sitting at the bottom, nor my wife in the red coat on the left. I haven't done any local editing yet other than a gradient on the sky. The white line on the left is a snow gun. Very much a part of the scenery when skiing in New England, but I agree it's distracting.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.