Options

Removing scroll bars?

PhotographyByAdriPhotographyByAdri Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 21, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all!
I have my gallery pages set to auto fill the height of the page. However, there is still a scroll bar that appears on the right side of the page & can scroll down just a little bit. Turn off "fill height" doesn't change anything on the page. I can't figure out how to make the content fit the page correctly so that the scroll bar disappears. It's making me crazy! Help?!

Example page:

http://www.photographybyadri.com/Dogs/

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2016
    Since not all screens are the same size the scroll bar can not be removed. It will show for screens that need to scroll to see the whole page. Have you tried removing all the margins to see if that helps?
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited April 21, 2016
    I have my gallery pages set to auto fill the height of the page. However, there is still a scroll bar that appears on the right side of the page & can scroll down just a little bit. Turn off "fill height" doesn't change anything on the page. I can't figure out how to make the content fit the page correctly so that the scroll bar disappears
    http://www.photographybyadri.com/Dogs/
    I just took a look at this page - there is a scroll bar because the content goes below the visible browser window even on a maximized window on a large monitor. The Powered by SmugMug and Login content is below the scroll bar, as is the bottom portion of the photo. It is possible to have a page or gallery that doesn't scroll but you'll need to make sure the content doesn't push the bottom entries below the bottom of the page.

On the gallery you linked, the text is set to be very narrow so it take quite a bit of vertical space. Have you considered using a wider element for the text? Also, given that galleries should focus on highlighting your photos I suspect that the large image is sized to use as much space as possible, again pushing the powered by and login below the viewable space.

--- Denise