SportsShooter contest

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited January 14, 2006 in Sports
http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1497

You don't have to be a member to enter. You do have to subscribe to the monthly newsletter. Why not give it a go :rofl

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    Wow, some amazing shots in the past winners links.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/2004_contest_winners/index.html

The gymnastic shot is mind twisting. And the swimmer shot.... umm, I guess the flash makes their costumes see through. :uhoh
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Wow, some amazing shots in the past winners links.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/2004_contest_winners/index.html

The gymnastic shot is mind twisting. And the swimmer shot.... umm, I guess the flash makes their costumes see through. :uhoh

That gymnastic shot is absolutely amazing, but the swim suit is greyishtanish not see through! lol3.gif
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 11, 2006
    WOW!!

Those excellent shots kind of make ya want to give up shooting sports.....Laughing.gif Dayum, they are all so good........iloveyou.gif

The gymnast shot is awesome. Four limbs and no head eek7.gif

Thanks for pointing this out Shay thumb.gif (and making me feel awful.....Laughing.gif J/K)

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006

Thanks for pointing this out Shay thumb.gif (and making me feel awful.....Laughing.gif J/K)

Steve

rolleyes1.gif , I entered..... there has to be a lame entry in every photo competitionmwink.gif .
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 13, 2006
    the swimmer is cool, but man, as a cyclist and photographer, that image of the french track team in Athens made my heart skip. Awesome stuff. nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited January 13, 2006
    MotoKat wrote:
    That gymnastic shot is absolutely amazing, but the swim suit is greyishtanish not see through! lol3.gif
    I spy with my little eye something that begins with..... n.

naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    edited January 13, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    I spy with my little eye something that begins with..... n.

naughty.gif
    thats one heck of a little eye you got there :D
    Erik

• JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    Are any of you guys actually members of sportsshooter? headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    edited January 13, 2006
    JoeL wrote:
    Are any of you guys actually members of sportsshooter?
    Nope. Why?
    Erik

edited January 13, 2006
    I was just curious, there are several really good photographers on this board.
    I actually sponsored one not long ago and he was able to join sportsshooter. I was just curious as to why more shooters from here dont apply or try to get on there.
    edited January 13, 2006
    JoeL wrote:
    I actually sponsored one not long ago and he was able to join sportsshooter. I was just curious as to why more shooters from here dont apply or try to get on there.
    When I looked, it seemed to me you had to be a pro or a student. Plus, I didn't know any members who could sponsor me.
    Sid.
    edited January 13, 2006
    JoeL wrote:
    I'm waiting to build up my sports shots a bit. I did some cycling last year, but not as much as I had hoped. I'm all setup for the spring season though, so I'll have a go at sportsshooter later this year.
    nod.gif

(good to know another member here on dgrin)
    Erik

edited January 13, 2006
    Thats great, when you get ready just shoot me an email.

I would be happy to take a look at anyones portfolio and give an honest critique as to whether or not they may be able to get on sportsshooter. The final say so will be from the owners/moderators of that board.

I have had a few guys that I worked with for a couple weeks and some for months but we finally got them shooting well enough to get on there.

Just let me know if theres anything I can do to help anyone to reach their personal goals.

Im not saying Im all that but, I can offer some positive advice and helpful suggestions. If it hadnt been for others helping me, I would have never made it.

Joe
    edited January 13, 2006
    Onya, Joe. thumb.gif

Out of curiosity, I'll send you links to a few galleries.
    Sid.
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    JoeL wrote:
    Are any of you guys actually members of sportsshooter? headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

oh oh clap.gif pick me.... pick me!

All thought lately I feel like I have hit a wall. I am thinking of selling my gear for a kite, a really pretty kite.
    edited January 13, 2006
    winger wrote:
    oh oh clap.gif pick me.... pick me!

All thought lately I feel like I have hit a wall. I am thinking of selling my gear for a kite, a really pretty kite.
    I have a pretty kite. Maybe we could go fly them together.

BTW, from now on, I'm titling my emails to you with sportsshooter as otherwise you don't seem to read ANY OF THEM!!!

umph.gif
    Erik

• BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    I'd love to get on SharpShooter, but I am just not sure that my local race scene pictures are worthwhile enough for someone to sponsor me there.
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I have a pretty kite. Maybe we could go fly them together.

BTW, from now on, I'm titling my emails to you with sportsshooter as otherwise you don't seem to read ANY OF THEM!!!

umph.gif

Dude your totally on me list of things to do.....Email erik cause he is really sweet and wished me a happy birthday.

I havent even had a chance to call andy back so he can walk me through how to make my ice white in PS...........

So its nothing personal I still love you erik!!!! iloveyou.gif

(you could email me through my sportsshooter account....but I dont respond to most of those emails either thumb.gif )