Challenge: Air

Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited January 12, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK Campers, what do you think of this as an "Air" entry?

Lighter Than Air?

C&C most welcome!
www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2006
    Murphy66 wrote:

Lighter Than Air?

C&C most welcome!

I like the idea, but the pic is too centered for me. Perhaps a different crop or another one from that day.
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    Murphy66 wrote:

Lighter Than Air?

C&C most welcome!
    Bugger! That was my initial thought!!! Now I;ll have to think again!! Hmm rolleyes1.gif

Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    vangogh wrote:
    Bugger! That was my initial thought!!! Now I;ll have to think again!! Hmm rolleyes1.gif

Nicola
    Iconic Creative

yes. this is the obvious choice of subject, just because someone else has taken that shot doesn't preclude you from doing it. But it would have to be an great shot to get picked for the final.

and BTW I do quite like the above shot. The detail of the balloon is a bit dark though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    Murphy66 wrote:

Lighter Than Air?

C&C most welcome!

Nice shot and a good choice for lighter than air....clap.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    anyone else see all that noise??? *cringe* maybe a personal preference or effect made by the the photographer, but when i think of a hot air balloon or "air"i think of silky smooth blending through colors.ne_nau.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2006
    i see the noise as well, it might be from resizing the picture or compressing it. ne_nau.gif
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    vangogh wrote:

Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    Had a rethink, got lots of ideas, hopefully can sort something over the weekend.:D Just wanted to ask, are "creative" PS techniques allowed in this particular challenge or just basic colour balance, crop & straighten stuff?

Also, on the above photo, I like all the colours & the topic, but wondered whether a larger shot of the balloon might not be better, so there is more visual impact & focus.

Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    I have ideas, none great, not that I have access to, but then I have other things going on.

However, the big question here is "what is your wife working on?". rolleyes1.gif

I was so disappointed not to see either of your shots in the finals, sigh. I liked them, and I assume so did others. With only ten slots, I guess some days it is your turn, her turn, my turn, their turn, ............

I may use your idea in a different way, it would be a fun way to do things.

Tomorrow I have dr appt, today...................who knows, but it won't be strenuous.

ginger

I really like your idea, now if you could just somehow rub our faces in it!

(Have you ever ridden one of those things??? Now that might get some close ups of the balloon, and others, floating around.) Personally, I am afraid of heights. Living below sea level must have been just the ticket for that phobia of mine.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    vangogh wrote:
    Just wanted to ask, are "creative" PS techniques allowed in this particular challenge or just basic colour balance, crop & straighten stuff?
    Yep they are unless it's a NON PS Challenge.
    Here's the challenge rules for ya.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=6941
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    anyone else see all that noise??? *cringe* maybe a personal preference or effect made by the the photographer, but when i think of a hot air balloon or "air"i think of silky smooth blending through colors.ne_nau.gif

True.

It also looks a bit oversharpened . Especially if you look at the birds. Theres a slight halo around the birds.
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D