Options

Question about managing access to multiple galleries

uncooluncool Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited May 10, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I shoot for my kid’s baseball and softball teams. I provide access to the parents for their kid’s gallery and a general team gallery.
What I have noticed is that many parents sign up and get access to their kid’s gallery but not the general team gallery.
When I check the parent’s account, I see a message that the general team gallery is “Pending access”.

Do I need to resend the invite for each gallery or is there a way I can add access to a gallery from the backend or on their behalf? If not, how can get them to access more than one gallery?

And in the future how can I provide private access to multiple galleries with one step? Or is that not possible?
Well every person you can know,
And every place that you can go,
And any thing that you can show,
You know they're nouns.

Comments

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 10, 2016
    Greetings,

Getting clients to access to the team gallery may be the issue after they have already seen their child's gallery. You might try sending out the team gallery first, with a note indicating that the individual galleries will be forth coming. Build a sense of anticipation. Likely what happens is the parents are excited to see their own child and the team becomes an after thought. At this juncture for the existing issue you might send out the invitation again for the team gallery. If you have a business account, offer a coupon for a limited time on images purchased from that gallery. That might entice them to visit.

With the access to multiple galleries with one link, there is not such an option with the "People I Choose". There is the "Event" option with the Business level account. http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/83125-how-do-i-create-and-share-events-?b_id=1644
    This would allow you to share multiple galleries in a single Event.

Or you could use multiple Unlisted galleries with the Sharegroup Link, http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/93261-can-i-share-multiple-unlisted-galleries-with-one-link-?b_id=1644 You can even have a password on the Sharegroup.

Let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero