Howdy all

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited May 14, 2016 in People
Been MIA - so busy with EVERYTHING (including Mini-D's 18th birthday and final weeks of high school!) that I barely know my own name. Throw a half dozen photoshoots into the mix on top of everything else and I'm definitely running on fumes!

A few from recent sessions - all singers unless otherwise noted. Various light setups - ask if you want to know any specifics. :)

1. Teacher & jewelry-maker. Super-fun session!!

i-2T65Nk3-L.jpg

2. Last-minute student request. Lovely girl, but she did her own makeup and it was a nightmare - she must have been using HD powder, as there was horrible "flashback" (which looks white), as well as shiny patches. Somehow managed to salvage it by editing. Ironically, the BW portrait is useless as a singer headshot, but I absolutely LOVE the shot!!!! Something about the strength in her expression really gets me. It was a grab shot and that's how it was cropped in camera.

i-6339dHH-L.jpg

3. This pianist is one of the sweetest, kindest human beings on the planet. Needed a shot in a hurry, but with somebody so generous, it's nice to be able to return the favour and, somehow, I made it work in the middle of a super-busy week. Shot against a white cinder-block wall in a rehearsal room. I managed to forget one of my umbrella brackets so was forced to use 1 light + reflector instead of the two-light setup I'd planned, but such is life. Made it work, which is the name of the game I guess!

i-H3996Tp-XL.jpg

4. And then.... this one. Holy cow. She could do no wrong! She was a dream to direct, she has cheekbones to die for, my MUA did an incredible job and the rain even held off long enough for us to grab the outdoor glamour she wanted. I am in love with this set of hers!

A. i-4Vhfjqp-L.jpg

B. These are more or less SOOC, but I love the progression of expressions. So, so good to camera :)
i-Z7zh5XV-L.jpg

C: Grabbed this as she moved to a new position. The only one. OOF, but I couldn't care less. Something about it is soooo dreamy....
i-L93bL9n-L.jpg

C. More outdoors. Practically every shot could be a keeper. These have barely been processed much less edited. #dreamclient
i-jx4tG2b-L.jpg

Comments

• Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2016
    The bottom landscape image on set number four is beyond fantastic. I just can't stop looking at it.

clap.gifclapclap.gifclap

You're not alone. Going through the graduation and turning 18 thing right along with you.

Nice to see you around.

B
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2016
    This parenting thing is hard! At least we have next year sorted out (Ottawa, en Francais). Where's yours going?

Thanks for the kind words. Do you mean the chair shot, or the one outdoors? I love 'em both.... she was incredible to work with!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2016
    Well, howdy DM!

Thanks for posting these. I'm with Bryce. The bottom photo in 4A is fantastic. Can you post that one alone larger?

I also like #3. He looks great. I am going to steal that last shot with the piano. I've struggled for years to take a decent portrait at the piano, and I think that view may be the ticket.
    edited May 12, 2016
    I can't deny I'm proud of it - this kind of fashion look is something I"ve always found challenging, so I was well pleased to nail it here!! All props to her as well - she just flopped into that position, I told her to stay there, and grabbed a few different expressions. Single light (flash in a RapidBox) and a reflector to camera right. This has been processed, but not edited; it will of course be properly retouched and finished if it's one she chooses.

As for piano, NO KIDDING! I struggle too. This was about the only thing possible given the location and light, so I gave it a try. Quite pleased with it! Used my 35mm 1.4.

i-krLhsv9-XL.jpg
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2016
    Long time no see :-)

I gotta tell ya, your work is beautiful and I agree on the OOF image, it has an appeal that that ranks it a keeper.

Bravo
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2016
    Congratulations, your lighting is exquisite.
    edited May 14, 2016
    ~blush~ Coming from you, Charles, I take that as a huge compliment!!!!!!!!!!! iloveyou.gif

Thanks Rey! I pop up round here from time to time - dgrin is where it all started, really, so can't stay away for too long!