Why would be able to post on one computer and not another?

bearsfolksbearsfolks Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
edited May 28, 2016 in Dgrin Forum Support
I have a weird problem. I can start a new thread on the Smugmug forum on one computer, but when I tried to create the identical thread on another, it would say I needed to log in, and when I did log in, it would send me to a blank "New thread" page, and if I tried to post again, the cycle would repeat!

Obviously something is different between the two computers that is causing this (one has Win 10, the other Win 7, but I doubt if that could be it), but could anyone give me a hint as to what it might be or where I should investigate?

Thanks.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 26, 2016
    I can understand needing to log in with another computer as the 2nd didn't have the same stored cookie as the original machine. Was the URL the same? Digitalgrin.com and dgrin.com might behave differently, if the URL was slightly different.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • bearsfolksbearsfolks Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    I can understand needing to log in with another computer as the 2nd didn't have the same stored cookie as the original machine. Was the URL the same? Digitalgrin.com and dgrin.com might behave differently, if the URL was slightly different.

Hi David, and thanks for your response. The URLs were the same.

However, I had managed to e-mail one of the administrators of the site. Either he did something to my account, or the mysterious forces that rule computers went to work, but, for whatever reason, I can now access dgrin from both laptops, and so, I no longer have the problem. There was a time when I tried to decipher such occurrences. Now I am just grateful!
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 28, 2016
    Glad you have it working now.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky