Options

Best Friends

chuckhchuckh Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited September 17, 2004 in People
Our mini-schnauzer, Tiara, barely survived her puppy-hood as she had a near death experience. Last Summer, we attended the BMWMOA rally in Charleston, West Virginia, 2480 miles from Spokane, Washington where we call "home". The night before my wife and 2 of our young children were to fly to W. VA, Tiara became deathly ill from what we suspect is some poisoning event. Foaming at the mouth, passing blood thru her digestive track, etc. My wife desparately took her to the emergency pet clinic and they gave us little hope for her survival.

Our family rallied in support of us and our little puppy. They cared for Tiara during our absense and transferred her to our regular veternarian's clinic where she spent the next 2 days. Our family then took her home with diapers on and put her in a playpen as she was still passing blood and needed to be hand fed.

Grandma really took to Tiara and gave her loving care during this critical time.

She loves this dog so much. This picture, taken this past weekend during Grandma's birthday celebration, hopefully captures her expression of love for Tiara.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 7, 2004
    The little mini-schnauzer, Tiara:
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2004
    I realize that the 1st photo was shot mistakenly at ISO 1600 even though it was completely unnecessary. Anyone else f$#@ up a picture that could have been printed nicely on an 8x10 sheet? My family enjoys the picture anyway. Oh well.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2004
    IMO, the first shot can still be printed. A fortunate Tiara, you captured a wonderful expression of feeling there.

I like the shot as is, if there are still problems, work with it.
    I did that, the 1600 ISO in the middle of the afternoon thing, outside, at the mall during the last challenge. Almost 200 photos, caught it about 3/4 of the way through shooting. I still almost entered one. I don't think that will mess up your photo that much. Especially not at an 8 X 10.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2004
    chuckh wrote:
    I realize that the 1st photo was shot mistakenly at ISO 1600 even though it was completely unnecessary. Anyone else f$#@ up a picture that could have been printed nicely on an 8x10 sheet? My family enjoys the picture anyway. Oh well.
    I can't really see any real problem on my screen, but I assume you are refering to noise. If that's the case just use neat Image or Noise Ninja, and your problem is solved.
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    I can't really see any real problem on my screen, but I assume you are refering to noise. If that's the case just use neat Image or Noise Ninja, and your problem is solved.
    Thanks Sam. I've not used Neat Image or Noise Ninja before.

I just downloaded Neat Image and this is my first run at using it. I like the effect that it creates. What do you think?
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    I bet you can print a fine 8x10 of that.
  • Options
    I want to know what you think?

I can see the photograph, it always did look fine to me. But I might be buying neat image, might, and I would like reviews on it.

ginger

I am sure you can get an 8 X 10. Maybe you are a lot more critical on that stuff than I am.
  • Options
    How do those programs work?

Most of the stuff in the books rely on some blurring. The one I did last night relied on me using, UH, LAB, and blurring just the a and b channels.

How do these things work?

ginger