Emphasize Current Page setting no longer working

aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
edited June 6, 2016 in Bug Reporting
I noticed a small bug tonight, the "Emphasize Current Page" setting no longer appears to do anything. When browsing through my galleries with either setting (on or off), the current page is down a line and very large. I don't happen to have any actual proof that it used to work differently, but I could swear it did :dunno

I have it "off" currently, and always have. I tried the latest versions of FF, IE, Chrome all on Win10.

Thanks,

Andy

2016-06-02_001400%20bread%20crumb%20setting%20issue-S.jpg

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2016
    It is because of this change they just pushed out. Takes the gallery name off the breadcrumb and adds it very large at top of description.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=258143
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2016
    Thanks for that nudge. I had skimmed the title of that during my searching, and maybe even clicked into it, but didn't pick out the part about breadcrumbs. I'm a little confused about how to make it all work like it used to, but hopefully I can get it back to the old look. I don't need to give up so much space above my photos as it sits now!

Andy
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2016
    I added some CSS to shrink the new huge gallery name but it looks absolutely ridiculous not on the
    line with the rest of the breadcrumb. At least when not using a cover photo on a Smugmug style gallery.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2016
    Ugh, looks like the new Bread Crumb enabling area doesn't have a way to de-emphasize the current page so we have to waste that space for now. It also looks like the "Show Breadcrumbs" is somehow per gallery type, but oddly, you just have to click into each one and turn it on (in my case, since I had it on in All Galleries) and it seems to stick / apply to previously created galleries no matter which style you end up publishing it with.

I do wish they would have fixed the "missing" browse level in the Bread Crumbs (e.g. Home icon [> skipped browse page (built-in or custom)] > folder|gallery).

Not my favorite set of changes but I guess I'll have to adapt.

Thanks again,

Andy
  • FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2016
    It also doubles up if you didn't have breadcrumbs but had an explicit title. Here's what I noticed today. The purplish one is what I had, but the big bold off-white is what Smugmug decided to add.

When I get time I assume it will have a class to adjust, but... ah, come on...sure wish there was a way to preview the new features and fix our sites before you break them with each release.
  • sense8linkedsense8linked Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2016
    Re: Show current page in breadcrumbs no longer works with Gallery Cover Image
    I also find that that if I check the "Select Gallery Cover Image" in GALLERY SETTINGS, the breadcrumb doesn't show the current page inline with the breadcrumb. I didn't realize the huge title was the rest of the breadcrumb. This breadcrumb has huge gap in it. I didn't get it, and it's my page. I actually love the new banner with breadcrumb in it option. But not being able to add the current page in the actual breadcrumb is a deal breaker.

NOTE: I found that for a page where I had selected a Gallery Cover Image, and had a second "Just this page" content block BREADCRUMB further down the page, I can select that breadcrumb and "Show current page," and it doesn't do so. It still shows the options for breadcrumbs, but none of them seem to be functional when a Gallery Cover Image has been selected for that gallery.

A
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited June 6, 2016
    I also find that that if I check the "Select Gallery Cover Image" in GALLERY SETTINGS, the breadcrumb doesn't show the current page inline with the breadcrumb.
    The change to the breadcrumb to display the current page on a separate line was part of the new functionality. See the product news entry NEW/UPDATED: Gallery Header / Cover Image.

--- Denise