Google's Structured Data Markup

TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited July 26, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Googles Structured Data Markup is a technique that makes it easier for their search engines to recognize and present structured data. Examples of structured data relevant to SM are: photo galleries, breadcrumbs, and video. When these data are marked up using schema.org markup language, Google can present them as "rich results" using Rich Cards. Google claims higher click rates when search results are presented this way. I would like for SM to implement this markup, at least for galleries and video content blocks.
Jerry

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited June 10, 2016
    I started to look into this a couple months ago but have been busy working on some exciting projects. It's still in the back of my mind for us to get to when we have some free cycles.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • JkatzphotoJkatzphoto Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2016
    Agree!
    I am an SEO manager at CreativeLive, and we recently implemented schema markup on our course pages. Specifically, we added markup for Schema.org/Person, and Schema.org/Reviews. The reviews appear as stars within Google search results, and we have seen a positive impact on click through rate.

It would be fantastic to have the ability to markup a page with desired schema types. For example, blog posts that review products/services like this post on the best online photography classes, would be ideal to have that schema markup. Similarly, images, author, breadcrumbs, etc. would all benefit.
    Check out my portfolio of landscape photography and my personal favorite shots.

I am also the cofounder of Travelstoked, an adventure photography blog.
  • TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2016
    Jkatzphoto wrote: »
    I am an SEO manager at CreativeLive, and we recently implemented schema markup on our course pages. Specifically, we added markup for Schema.org/Person, and Schema.org/Reviews. The reviews appear as stars within Google search results, and we have seen a positive impact on click through rate.

It would be fantastic to have the ability to markup a page with desired schema types. For example, blog posts that review products/services like this post on the best online photography classes, would be ideal to have that schema markup. Similarly, images, author, breadcrumbs, etc. would all benefit.

Justin, very nice blog. Also, I am looking forward to SM implementing structured data markup, especially for video and images.
    Jerry