Options

Shared gallery - how to filter videos?

SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited June 10, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I've created an unlisted gallery of family holiday photos & videos which I shared with family members via a link. Is there some way they can filter the gallery to show videos only?

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2016
    There's no way they can filter to show videos only.

You can create another gallery and collect the videos into that gallery.
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93310
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins

mrneutron,
    Can this be done automatically, if not filtering, at least if we could tell a smart gallery to display videos from all or selected galleries, that could help solve the problem.
    It's a big shortcoming that other image hosting sites manage to overcome, we hope SM can find a solution to this as well.

Or at least in the management view, if we could have an option to see all videos and add a tag to them, so that the smart gallery can use those tags to display videos. However to find them all in one place and tag them, we would need SM's help.

Thank you.

My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins

Hi huseyin,

When you are viewing the galleries in your Organizer you will see a video icon to let you know which thumbnails represent a video, like this... https://monosnap.com/file/pMlqmvuWvvaHyeRwKxAgkVRavzrDvM
    You can then use the 'Collect' feature to collect those videos into a new gallery if you like. You can also then add a keyword to those videos so that you can use the Smart Gallery feature.

Vivian
    SmugMug Support Hero

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero