Options

Additional gallery "Sort By" attribute

Marc RochkindMarc Rochkind Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited July 6, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Trying to control sorting when using Lightroom publish. It would be great if another attribute could be added to the Sort By list (in addition to filename, caption, position, and the three dates). That way, from within Lightroom (or any other uploading app), I could hard code the position in a metadata field. A suggestion would be the IPTC field Job Identifier, but any seldom-used field accessible from within Lightroom would be fine.

Currently, I'm sorting by caption, and I put a sequence number at the start of the caption, like this: "029 - Boat Tour of Stockholm". But if the number were in another field, it would be hidden from the viewer.

Comments

• Options
    McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2016
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Here's a link to out feedback site: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723 Please feel free to post any new feature requests and vote on existing requests. Our product team looks there when deciding what to work on next.

If there's anything else we can help with, feel free to drop a line at help@smugmug.com.

SmugMug Support Heroes are on call 24/7/365 via email. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day!
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----