Options

Project Feedback

Goose64Goose64 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 7, 2016 in Street and Documentary
Hello All,

Glad to be part of the SmugMug community. I am based in Sweden and am looking for some feedabck on a street photography project I had been working on called none other than, "The Gothenburg Street Project".

The link to the gallery is below:

https://the-urban-observer.smugmug.com/The-Gothenburg-Street-Project/GSP-Consolidated-Files

I am largely a painter and am must now dabbling in photography and would appreciate any comments or feedback.

Thanks!
Goose

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited July 7, 2016
    Hi Goose, and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. I looked at your gallery and there's lots to like there. I'm mostly a street photographer myself and have a fondness for high contrast B&W. A couple of suggestions: while there are some excellent shots there, others don't seem to have much of a point, IMO. It's a well-known secret that the best way to improve your photography is to only show your very best work mwink.gif. It might be hard to do, but I'd make an effort to eliminate maybe half of the shots, leaving only those that are your favorites, for whatever reason. One other suggestion is that if you want people to comment, post a few samples here on Dgrin. You would be amazed at how lazy most of us are about clicking on links. Instructions are here, though they might be a little out of date, dunno. If you run into problems, post a query in the Dgrin Support forum.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. thumb.gif
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2016
    I agree

Lot to like in the link

But... An example is the boy in the bus window...

Good idea, but it's trash because of the shadow across his face - you were a millisecond too late

Welcome aboard
    Rags
  • Options
    Goose64Goose64 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 7, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback. Good stuff. I plan on stepping away from them for awhile then editing the series down to about half, like you suggest. This is my first go with any type of project. I realize I have a long way to go. Pretty musch a hack, and quite heumbled when I checked out Richard's work. Been painting for 25 years and remember it was a long tough road to get where I am today with my studio practice. Anything worthwhile ain't easy...
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2016
    Good project! Welcome to the community, I'm sure you will enjoy being a member.