Options

Missing photos on my thread

Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
edited July 11, 2016 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hello,

Recently I've had missing or "broken" links to photos on threads I've posted. There appears instead a small box or icon, which looks like a page, where the original image used to be. I copy these images to my threads directly from my personal SmugMug website.

Here's an example on the last page of my thread in the "Wildlife" section. If you scroll down to the last set of images there appears on my computer monitor to be 2 broken link icons, then the image of a Great Blue Heron portrait along with the rest in that image set: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=256608&page=6

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Tony

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited July 10, 2016
    The first two links in that post, the ones with the broken link icons, do not resolve to a photo. The best thing to do is to edit the post yourself, delete those two, and re-link them to the desired photos.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    The first two links in that post, the ones with the broken link icons, do not resolve to a photo. The best thing to do is to edit the post yourself, delete those two, and re-link them to the desired photos.

Thanks, David. That's exactly what I did (delete & re-link) with the other broken links that appeared in prior image set updates in my thread. Strange how the "first or original" link to a specific photo appeared only temporarily. Oh well, it's certainly not a major inconvenience to delete & re-link. May all my problems be so great!

Thanks!

Tony
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited July 11, 2016
    Tony, they were probably in your web cache and appeared only for you.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky