Options

Kennebunkport,Maine

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited July 13, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
It's easy to get locked-in to the allures of Kennebunkport.

New%20England%20143-X3.jpg

Some folks opt for the quaint approach to living there.

New%20England%20139-X3.jpg

Others prefer to take a more opulent approach...such as the Bush family estate that dominates an entire rocky peninsular.

New%20England%20143-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2016
    The first one is quite interesting. The second is quintessential - just beautiful. The last one has is interesting as well. Love the coastal line and water!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2016
    Thanks for the tour Tom! Good stuff!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited July 12, 2016
    So that's what (some of) it looks like! Drove through the town via Rte. 1 a few weeks ago, but we were on up to O.O.B. and points north and didn't have time to poke around. But you did, and I am thankful of that and the tour. I like #2 the best as it conveys a homey feel, instead of the super rich homes, which I can not relate to. Those love locks fences are everywhere up there.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    The first one is quite interesting. The second is quintessential - just beautiful. The last one has is interesting as well. Love the coastal line and water!

It's a real pleasure to hear from you, Eia. The coastal areas of Maine are almost universally rocky and provide for some of the most visually appealing scenes imaginable. I covered the southern parts of Maine like a blanket and loved every minute of it. The northern parts of the state are quite remote.

Thanks for the visit,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks for the tour Tom! Good stuff!

I wish that you could have accompanied me on this trip. With all the opportunities that exist, we could still be up there shooting.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    So that's what (some of) it looks like! Drove through the town via Rte. 1 a few weeks ago, but we were on up to O.O.B. and points north and didn't have time to poke around. But you did, and I am thankful of that and the tour. I like #2 the best as it conveys a homey feel, instead of the super rich homes, which I can not relate to. Those love locks fences are everywhere up there.

We had some really super stuffed Haddock for lunch at one of the multitude of restaurants in Kennebunkport. That put me in the mood for wandering around the alleys and backways of the place. I loved every minute of it.

Take care,

Tom