Options

Smart Rules - Exclude

pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
edited July 22, 2016 in Bug Reporting
I have a smart gallery that includes a keyword and excludes a couple others. The photos that should be excluded are not. Match Rules is set to All.

Is there a known bug with exclude rules in smart galleries?

Anyone able to test this and confirm?

Dave

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2016
    Hi Dave,
    Can you include a link or two to photos in the gallery that should be excluded so that we could take a closer look?
    If you don't wish to share it in a public forum, you can simply contact us at our HelpDesk.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2016
    Hi Dave,
    Can you include a link or two to photos in the gallery that should be excluded so that we could take a closer look?
    If you don't wish to share it in a public forum, you can simply contact us at our HelpDesk.

I figured out my problem. The way smart rules work isn't always very intuitive.

I had it set to include photos with keyword1, exclude photos with keyword2, and exclude photos with keyword3, set to match all. The solution was to change it to match any, since I wanted it to exclude photos with either of those keywords, not just the ones with both.

Matching any works fine as long as I only one to include one and exclude multiple. I'd have problems if I wanted a smart rule that includes multiple keywords and excludes multiple others.

Really need a more powerful way to set up smart galleries with more complex expressions for rules. But I guess I shouldn't ask for more complexity when I can't handle the simple version. :D

Dave
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2016
    Hi Dave,
    I'm glad you were able to figure it out. If you'd like to suggest a change to the smart gallery feature, you could consider checking out the SmugMug feedback page:
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug
    There, you can vote and comment on existing suggestions or if you don't find what you're looking for, create your own. Our product management team is actively monitoring the suggestions made and takes them into account for future changes or new features.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2016
    Hi Dave,
    I'm glad you were able to figure it out. If you'd like to suggest a change to the smart gallery feature, you could consider checking out the SmugMug feedback page:
    http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug
    There, you can vote and comment on existing suggestions or if you don't find what you're looking for, create your own. Our product management team is actively monitoring the suggestions made and takes them into account for future changes or new features.

My votes and ability to add new suggestions got used up a long time ago.

Dave