At the Theatre (1st Photo!)

sebpaynesebpayne Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited January 13, 2006 in People
Tonight, I visited the theatre with some friends but I only managed to grab a single photo during the break. However, it was in close confinment so the powerful flash on my KM A200 had a bad result (this is the RAW file without any adjustments):

52115049-S.jpg

So, after fiddling around in Lightroom/Photoshop for a while, I managed to get better results but it still looked pretty awful as I can not find a way to remove the excess brightness from that area. Any suggestions? Eventually, I decided the best result would be to convert it to grayscale (with the adjustments made in ACR):

52115340-S.jpg

So, good or bad photo? Is there a way to fix the light issue reflecting off the person on the far right? My first photo on Digital Grin :clap

Thanks

Seb

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2006
    Seb, good decision to convert it to B&W. There are lots of tutorials here that will help you improve your B&W.

Unfortunately, none of them will help you recover your blown highlights.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    There is a lot of dust on the lens it looks like. Those spots are huge. Nice pic but I also agree with wxwax. :):
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net