Options

Light painting first attempt.

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited August 6, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
Light painting seems to be very popular so I thought I'd give it a try. Not bad for a first attempt but a word of caution. Wait till the seasonal bugs die out before you try this at night.

Comments

• Options
    Tony BrittonTony Britton Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2016
    Nice composition and excellent result with the lighting.

Tony
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2016
    Pretty awesome!
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2016
    For those that aren't sure what I'm talking about the technique is lighting an object with a simple flashlight or similar device.
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2016
    This is the flashlight I used any will do. Had a problem with light emitting from the clear side panels so I had to cover those up and use just the front light. It is just a small hand flashlight.
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2016
    Cool shot! Did you just hold the flashlight up next to the camera or was there a light-holding assistant? I can see that different light temperatures my be an issue.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2016
    Flash light out in front of camera but out of view toward bike and some flash light on the house. I could mask the house and correct temp but that really doesn't bother me I feel it helps bring attention back to the bike. No assistant just me but do those on a bug free night. I like in mosquito heaven so I was only out there for about 45 min. playing.