Options

Hi, new user here.

bbentleyphotobbentleyphoto Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited August 16, 2016 in Landscapes
I had a question that wasn't clear in the TOS. Can I link my smugmug profile here? Or is that not aloud?

I just got back from a fishing trip to Montana and have some nice landscapes to show. I just found smugmug,
and started working on a few galleries there. I'd like to share there as apposed to resizing and watermaking for this forum. Not sure how this works.

_RKB2375%20copy_zps3elew88a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2016
    Welcome to the forum. A nice view of the Montana countryside. I like the scene, nice clouds and content, but a bit over saturated for my taste. (on my screen)

We can see your profile by clicking on your screen name. If you are asking if you can link your smugmug gallery here the answer is also yes. I'm not certain, but I believe you can place a link in your signature somehow.

I spend a lot of time in Montana, is this along the Clark Fork River east of Missoula?

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited August 12, 2016
    I had a question that wasn't clear in the TOS. Can I link my smugmug profile here?
    Yes.

If you add it to your signature it will always be available to anyone viewing your posts. Click the clipboard icon in the navbar above, then Edit Signature. Begin your link with http:// to make it clickable.

--- Denise
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2016
    Hello and welcome to dgrin! I too have and use Smugmug for many years and like it a lot. Yes this shot is quite a bit oversaturated for my taste.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2016
    Like the composition but the power lines bother me as well as the over-saturated colors.
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2016
    I like your composition here! The saturation seems stylized to me, like intentional to achieve an artistic purpose. Maybe a part of a series. I get that. Thank you for posting and participating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 14, 2016
    Welcome to Dgrin, bbentleyphoto! clap.gif
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2016
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2016
    roaddog52 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. A nice view of the Montana countryside. I like the scene, nice clouds and content, but a bit over saturated for my taste. (on my screen)

We can see your profile by clicking on your screen name. If you are asking if you can link your smugmug gallery here the answer is also yes. I'm not certain, but I believe you can place a link in your signature somehow.

I spend a lot of time in Montana, is this along the Clark Fork River east of Missoula?

Phil

Thanks. I did use a polarizer on this shot and edited it a bit. This was on Rock Creek Road. If you head over to Phillipsburg then turn off the main highway down Rock Creek road its a ways past that down and the road turns to gravel. Just follow the signs for Rock Creek Road.
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2016
    CCoop wrote: »
    I like your composition here! The saturation seems stylized to me, like intentional to achieve an artistic purpose. Maybe a part of a series. I get that. Thank you for posting and participating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I shot this with a polarizer. I like dark blue sky with big clouds. My Monochrome's same way. Some people don't like the power lines but I actually set the shot up with them in the composition. A: it was private property with a fence there so I couldn't get closer, B: I like it, I think it kind of draws you in with everything else with their perspective angle.

Here's another shot from down the road, again its just my style with the blue sky and white clouds, maybe too much but people seem to like them. And nothing I can do about the power lines, might as well set up the shot with them it using rule of thirds. This one I actually like the power lines as well with the rows of fresh cut hay and the power lines on the other side both leading you into the farmhouse as the main focus of composition

_RKB2329%20copy_zpsvpywhtus.jpg
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2016