Options

Feedback on landscape photography in general

LensSherpaLensSherpa Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited August 11, 2016 in Landscapes
I have heard a lot of positive responses from the general public and on reddit regarding my photography; but I wanted to ask you folks who do photography on a regular basis. I was wondering how you would rank my photography of the himalayas at high altitude.

Its become my specialty, because people have a very hard time managing their equipment, shooting, and energy levels at high altitude let alone carrying it. In my case however, I manage. Because of such a hostile environment, is why I imagine there is very little high altitude photography out there on the web; especially the himalayas. I was also wondering what galleries you folks may know of that are interested in these photos

Anyhow, looking forward to your guys thoughts; I love mountains as much as I do photography. Its a damn shame what climate change is doing to the mountains, landscape photography in a couple decades and further out will never be the same :(

Edit: Forgot to link the damn photos sorry
https://fredphinney.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2016
    Welcome! Looking forward to knowing you! You have beautiful images in your galleries! I wonder if you might select a few for us to look at, -embedding- the photos (rather than linking). Here's how to embed:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1620122#post1620122

Thank you for joining in! --Carter
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2016
    I was hoping to get some feedback on the site as opposed to individual photos; is this the right place for that? I've been fixing up my site for awhile, Thank you
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 11, 2016
    Hi Fred,

Our focus in the Landscapes forum is to show off our work and to get feedback from others. Carter is correct in that we greatly prefer embedding a few images to discuss, rather than simply pointing us to your website. I would recommend checking out a few other threads in the forum to get a feeling for the place.

For feedback on your website design per se, I would recommend putting an entry in [thread=237680]this thread[/thread].

For help in marketing your photos, you could ask that question in the Wide Angle/Mind Your Own Business forum.

Looking forward to your participation!

best regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2016
    Thanks Joel, I will definitely do that, just looking for feedback