Allow Owner to View, Add and Edit Keywords in Hidden Galleries

RedJRedJ Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited August 18, 2016 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Owners should be able to see and edit Keywords right in the gallery view/photo view, just like public galleries.

Yes, it is technically possible to work with keywords in hide owner galleries but there are substantial differences in the way Keywords are treated for public vs. hide owner galleries.

In a public gallery, it's very easy to view, add, and edit keywords by simply clicking the keyword area in the information bar, entering the keyword, then clicking the check-mark. In order to add keywords in hidden owner galleries, one has to click the wrench icon, then click Open in Editor, then click Title, Caption, and Keywords, then click Save, then click Close. After saving, the keywords become invisible to even the owner (it is also possible to add keywords in Organize view, but again, more complicated and keywords disappear from view immediately after save).

As a real-world example of where this difference is currently creating major extra work for me: I am using the Date page view to go through photos taken in a range of dates to tag for inclusion in showcase galleries that are accomplished using Smart Gallery that look for certain keywords. The time taken by these 3 extra clicks and several dialog changes is pretty substantial over the course of hundreds of photos, plus it's then impossible to see which photos do or do not have the showcase gallery keywords, which makes it harder to keep track of what work has already been done.

Ideally, Keywords would be treated identically to how Titles, and Captions are under the same circumstances: to the logged-in owner, they remain visible and editable in all interface types.

I have also posted this request in the SmugMug feedback forum: http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/15699315-allow-owner-to-view-add-and-edit-keywords-in-hidd