Options

Canon 7d mk2, all weather shooting or is it!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grinsWisbech UKPosts: 0 Big grins
edited August 23, 2016 in Cameras
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 22, 2016
    Welcome to Dgrin, KJ! clap.gif

Terrific nature photos on your site from the UK. I give you a lot of credit for getting out and shooting in the rain. Everytime I try it, the drops on my lenses spoil the shot. I don't know how you do it! Glad to hear your equipment is holding up as well at it does. thumb.gif
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2016
    I've also been using a 7D2 (since Jan 15) and using it in 'interesting' weather conditions, without any problems - although my typical rig has a rain / elements cover over the lot.
    Biggest problem I've experienced when it's really 'chuckin' it down' ... and trying to get rain drop splashes in the water surface has been AF lock issues with subjects that are some distance away and just blending into the murk.

Re keeping water drops off the lens (500 f4) front element, I use a second / additional lens hood to stop water splashes reaching it. Large hailstones especially can create big splashes that travel a long way when gear is close to water level.

In general, I think I'm more of a 'murk' sorta bod than the opposite ... so I take tip 2 here to heart :)

Since my local venue is open to the public, being out in supposedly 'rubbish' weather also has the added advantage (imo) of reducing the number of other people being around ...

pp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins Wisbech UKPosts: 0 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2016
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2016
    kateycat wrote: »
    ... placing the camera on the floor is the worse, rain droplets will bounce so no to that one ... QUOTE]

Each to their own, but personally, that's exactly where I'd be (and am) most of the time ... especially for waterfowl shots ... it's just something that needs to be considered / managed.

pp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins Wisbech UKPosts: 0 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2016