Roo: Copycat

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited January 14, 2006 in People
i met up with roo in brooklyn for a shoot on tuesday and we came to this area to shoot using this beat-up building as the setting. i spotted these pictures posted up on the wall and decided to try to copy it. i'm guessing these were all put there by someone trying to do what i did, but who knows.

what do you think?

52170535-L.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    That, is good. Very good. Excellent framing of the subject's head, nice contrasty bw, eye catching, you really give the viewer their money's worth

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    Really nice. Maybe needs a bit of sharpening, but other than that!
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    That, is good. Very good. Excellent framing of the subject's head, nice contrasty bw, eye catching, you really give the viewer their money's worth

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

wow, thanks a lot. i really appreciate that. i'm really happy about this shot, especially since i think i nailed it on the first bw conversion i attempted.

and, owen, thank you, you're right, i should sharpen it.
  • debtoinedebtoine Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    (...)you really give the viewer their money's worth (...)

Hmm... we're looking at the picture for free... so is it really a compliment?
    rolleyes1.gif

T
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    clap.gifclapclap.gifthumbclap.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 13, 2006
    Another day, another hottie. A day in the life of binghott. I'm not gonna tell you what a cool shot this is, because soon, its gonna get really hard for you to top yourself.

thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    Wow! I really like it. It seems to be so casual taken at first..but the longer I look at it the more 'staged' it looks because everything's just right about it. Cool! thumb.gif
  • James EakinJames Eakin Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 13, 2006
    Great composition and wonderful idea for a photo
    clap.gif
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    After playing with it in Photoshop, I think I prefer a tighter, more square crop. Crop close to her arm and then at the edge of her posters and you get much more unified photo. It reminds me of an album cover.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2006
    :jawdrop This is a fabulous photo. It has everything I love in a photograph - geometric patterns, gritty detail, a touch of humor, style. Wow! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Virginia

Email
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2006
    wow, thank you all so much for your comments! i'm extremely happy with this picture and i'm even more happy to hear that other people are interested in it.

thanks again!!!