Android app lacks "view as public" option

perkinperkin Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited September 2, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I use the SmugMug app to access my SmugMug-hosted website. When I want to show someone my photos, I hand them my Nexus 9 Android tablet . I would like them to see the "public" content only, but since I am logged in, private folders and galleries are visible. The obvious thing to do would be for me to log out (Settings -> Account -> Log out), but if do that, the app says "Sure you want to log out? All account information and downloads will be removed. This may take several minutes." Obviously, I don't want that.

So, is it possible for me to get a public view of my own site on my own tablet? If not, consider this a new feature request.

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 2, 2016
    That is not possible within the mobile apps. I'll note your feature request. You could recommend they download the SmugMug app to their device and "Follow" you to see your content. Additionally, you could send them a link to your site or send them a "web app" of your site, though both of those would load through Chrome/Safari.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • perkinperkin Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited September 2, 2016
    This was a feature I was hoping to use for a job interview (which I had today). I brought my work on a tablet, and I handed my tablet to the interviewer. I have lots of private folders and galleries, which make it hard for someone other than me to navigate. I understand that it's an increasingly common practice to be asked to bring your work on a tablet rather than in a physical portfolio. It's a feature worth thinking about, since SmugMug is geared to professionals.